LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please help diagnose my LT1!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010 | 07:14 PM
Teching In

Default Please help diagnose my LT1!!

Ok so my car has been going through some issues latily, I have replaced the MAF senson, TPS, MAP and the 4L60e tranny.

Everything is good, and its shifting great, my car's normal temp is 180-200, but once it gets to 210.. it starts doing some strange things. It will develop a small miss to it, will idle up higher, sputters while in the throttle but over about 2500 rpms it clears up and runs great, but shakes a bit up to there..

let me say that it is only when it is around 205-210, does not do it below up to 180! i do not understand, maybe a burnt plug wire, maybe a bad plug, maybe a fuel filter? hell idk. when it first cranks it cranks right up and runs awesome and sounds great but once it gets to the certain temp it starts acting up..

what's your diagnois on this??
Old 06-10-2010 | 07:19 PM
Teching In

as far as the fuel filter, i havent got around to checking it. may need a new one, but i am having plug wires arching, but it didnt start this little issue untill latily?
Old 06-10-2010 | 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JLR60LT1
let me say that it is only when it is around 205-210, does not do it below up to 180! i do not understand, maybe a burnt plug wire, maybe a bad plug, maybe a fuel filter? hell idk. when it first cranks it cranks right up and runs awesome and sounds great but once it gets to the certain temp it starts acting up..

what's your diagnois on this??
A quick and cheap thing to try is put about 3 or 4 washers behind the coil module. This will allow air to get behind the module and head and tend to cool the module. You will need 2 longer bolts and 6 or 8 washers.

If the problem goes away either the module or coil is heat sensitive. If no change you wasted pocket change and 20 minutes.

Good luck
Old 06-10-2010 | 10:33 PM
On The Tree

I would try the spacer mod to the ICM/coil like he said

Quick Reply: Please help diagnose my LT1!!