LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 fuel pump issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LT1 fuel pump issues

So I posted this up in the fuel & injection section but hopefully I can figure this out soon.

I just replaced what I thought was a bad fuel pump with a new stock replacement.

I plugged everything in and before I bolted it down I wanted to make sure that I could at least hear it prime....I got nothing.

I checked all the fuses and all the fuses are good and I check the connectors going back to the fuel pump and it IS getting power.

I'm not sure what else could be wrong and if I don't get it fixed and driveable by July 1st the car is going to be towed away.

PLEASE HELP!!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a relay... they dont usually go bad but its worth a shot to check it out... it believe its under the left kick panel down by where your left foot would be... and check every fuse sometimes fuses that dont say fuel pump may power it... also check your grounds
Old 06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i know this sounds like a total newb question, but I don't know a whole lot. How do you check all the grounds?

I have this tester I got from Harbor Freight but to be honest I'm not 100% sure how to read/use it. It's supposed to measure AC/DC voltage and all that but again I'm not really sure how to read it.

For some reason I have a feeling a ground is causing my issue though
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check for pressure at the rail