LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

got my opti from chandler motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puck
I think CMS is doing a great thing for the guys who dont have the cash or desire to jump up to the 24x setup.

Really now, what are our options otherwise? One or two old products that delete the opti but with no more customer service available, a ton of cheap knockoffs, two overpriced "alternatives" with bad track records, and this little gem that admittedly is not quite as good as the AC Delco unit but is much cheaper, warrantied, and backed by an actual person to talk to for customer support.
Agreed.. It migt be a PITA to do an opti install. But to have someone around thats doing everything in there power to support the LT1 community... is very awesome!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When mine dies, Ill be getting a CMS Opti. *nock on wood*
Old 01-07-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why hasnt ANYONE just stated the undeniable fact that if its put together , it can fail . i have had ltx cars since they came out in way or another used all diff kinds of optis and so on . the worst i have seen is the accel and the or the napa,adv auto and so on . i have also blown up numerous delco units also . my car currently has a msd on it and if that ever fails im runnin the 24x conversion on it lol . but come one guys , like i said ANYTHING THAT IS MADE CAN AND WILL BREAK . its just the way it is .

oh and for the record most newer snap on tools suckkkkk . and i can say that as i have been a tech for a long time lol
Old 01-07-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DVS LT1
Apologies for being lazy as I've only read the first few posts and the last few posts of this thread; the above line in particular caught my eye - why would somone consider buying a "budget" optispark? This makes zero sense to me, unless these budget opti's are so affordable that the idea is if it goes **** up every 6-months they are still cheaper to replace in the long run compared to paying, what, full list price on a factory optispark? (from a dealership or something?). How much are optispark's these days? $300, $400? If they still are why not simply spring for a performance aftermarket unit for an extra $100 and never look back...

Anybody here remember DYNASPARK? Weren't they the first/only aftermarket "performance" optispark replacement on the block. I remember looking at their units years ago and ok $500 bucks is a lot of money but I totally wanted it. I guess MSD put them out of business with their version. Personally, the mechanical timing capability of these units does not inspire; the instructions for adjusting the timing that way, especially locktite-ing the screw and letting it hang halfway out etc just seems so un-exact. Who wouldn't want to adjust timing electronically?
Why would you buy a more expensive one and have the exact same problems? I bought a brand new GM opti for my old car that came in the sealed GM parts bag that ultimately had a bent optical wheel. It wasn't even close to being right. Car never ran right, ended up selling it for a huge loss and walked away. Anyone that thinks that ANY opti is good is someone with more money to burn than they need. The only TRUE fix for the lt1 reliability is to ditch it completely. The failure rate IMO of the Delco units is just as high as aftermarket units. I don't have any factual backing for it but neither does the other side of the argument. My only facts to prove my case is that after the opti is gone it will never leave your car stranded.

As for the lt1tech debate thing, sounds like the owners of that forum dropped the ball on it and its just a bunch of blind followers jumping on a bandwagon. Pretty typical IMO. I wouldn't let that "gang" discourage you from buying from a vendor that seems to be pretty well customer oriented. **** I haven't even heard of the guy before but based on his stance with that "amazing" ( ) forum I think hes an alright dude myself..
Old 02-03-2011, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone on some recent items. On some other threads there have been some concerns about customer service slipping a little bit. This has mainly been due to a very poorly setup return process. We're working with a company that is helping us implement an RMA system so we can reduce refund\warranty times from 7 business days down to 1. All phone,website&eBay orders will be channeled through it so there isn't this intermixing of channels and it will be web-based which will help facilitate being able to delegate tasks better and be on the same page across the board here. So I just wanted to put it out there, like I said we're always committed to improving the customer experience (as long as you're not a jerk).

After about a year without a website at all, its looking like within the next month or two we'll have it back up again. It simply has not been a priority. But enough house keeping, software and other misc tasks have been completed that we can begin working with some companies to get the task done. So for those that don't like buying on eBay, or using Google Checkout or simply prefer a website from the companies they buy from it will be up soon.

In other customer service issues, we've plugged a logic loop that people we're falling into in our phone system. Our phone system message was primarily designed for eBay correspondence. When we started selling off eBay one of the main problems was that we had a message that didn't account for off site sales. This caused some problems. We've had the message rerecorded by our voice actor to plug that hole. It'll be updated by tonight.

We'll also be adding some additional instructions on our website place holder to make it easier for people to understand how to deal with us if they have a problem.

CS aside, we've got a good stocking of Optispark distributors, caps & rotors and now harnesses (including the conversion hybrid harness). While many people will be running out right about now we'll be in stock so we're here to take care of them.

In very recent news. Anyone who has ordered parts this week will be seeing a delay in shipments due to the Snowpocalypse that dumped enough snow on us for about 10 years. In addition to that on Sunday I got an awesome bout of food poisoning from some pork at a restaurant. Either way I'm good to go now and the state seems to be back in order after being basically shut down all of Tuesday and Wednesday. Chicago appeared to be the epicenter of the storm.

Thanks for the praise and if you have any questions we encourage people during the day to call or use customerservice@chandlermotorsports.com at night since we don't respond to PMs generally and log in once a week or two weeks here. We however respond to emails and eBay messages once every 1-2 business days.

Quick Reply: got my opti from chandler motorsports