LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

hot cam kit for lt1? whats involved?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanosborne
money isnt really a problem for me but im having trouble finding a FULL list of parts for a engine rebuild and the cc503 cam install. and i live in the middle of nowhere basically so i dont know what im gonna do for a tune
Try http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=23
Im guessing it should be similar to an lt1. As far as getting the parts and tune, i wouldnt be able to help. But im sure theres other people here from canada (im guessing thats where youre from) that could probably chime in and help out.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why not just go with a complete kit form Ai. http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiProductsCK.html
Old 07-27-2010, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lethal bird
Why not just go with a complete kit form Ai. http://www.advancedinduction.com/AiProductsCK.html
that also sounds like a great idea. what cam would be the best to go with on that list of cams? and im also going to get the engine rebuilt whats the best affordable kit with forged pistons?
Old 07-27-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that also sounds like a great idea. what cam would be the best to go with on that list of cams? and im also going to get the engine rebuilt whats the best affordable kit with forged pistons?
Each grind on that page indicates the driving characteristics of each. Pick one that best suits your needs. You will be VERY happy with the performance of AI products.

As far as the short block is concerned, AI also supplies rebuild kits from mild to wild. Lots of good reading material on their webpage.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

How much HP are you trynna get from your setup? Also is it a daily driver or a drag car?
It really depends on what you want for your car or what your goal is.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

After you procure the AI cam kit, Maybe look at getting either a Wiseco or Ohio Crankshaft Piston/Rod/Crank/ forged assembly and bearings kit. If you get just forged pistons you need to get ARP rod bolts for your LT1 rods and have that with the stock crank rebalanced, which sounds like it maybe hard to do locally from your description of where you live in Canada. But should be done as close as possible by a good reputable shop to save on shipping costs. Maybe have that shop assemble this all for you.

Then you need to contact Ion @madz28.com or Ed wright @fastchips.com for a tune to match your setup.

Also what CAI and Headers/Cat back/ other mods, do you have now, if any? Also you should do the rest of the bolt ons before you tackle this, if not done yet, do them as well as do the chassis stuff to help this new power get to the ground.

Good luck on your build

Dub

Last edited by 1993 z28 f1; 07-27-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added content
Old 07-27-2010, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zlow28
How much HP are you trynna get from your setup? Also is it a daily driver or a drag car?
It really depends on what you want for your car or what your goal is.
its a daily driver and im hoping to get as much as i can as long asit can still be driveable

Originally Posted by 1993 z28 f1
Hey:

After you procure the AI cam kit, Maybe look at getting either a Wiseco or Ohio Crankshaft Piston/Rod/Crank/ forged assembly and bearings kit. If you get just forged pistons you need to get ARP rod bolts for your LT1 rods and have that with the stock crank rebalanced, which sounds like it maybe hard to do locally from your description of where you live in Canada. But should be done as close as possible by a good reputable shop to save on shipping costs. Maybe have that shop assemble this all for you.

Then you need to contact Ion @madz28.com or Ed wright @fastchips.com for a tune to match your setup.

Also what CAI and Headers/Cat back/ other mods, do you have now, if any? Also you should do the rest of the bolt ons before you tackle this, if not done yet, do them as well as do the chassis stuff to help this new power get to the ground.

Good luck on your build

Dub
k&N cold air intake, im getting pacesetter headers when all this is getting done, i got a slp loudmouth catback with a random technologies highflow cat, and theres a set of march underdrive pullies on it and a slp throttle body and spacer
Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Each grind on that page indicates the driving characteristics of each. Pick one that best suits your needs. You will be VERY happy with the performance of AI products.

As far as the short block is concerned, AI also supplies rebuild kits from mild to wild. Lots of good reading material on their webpage.
i dont see a rebuild kit for it the only one i see there is the 355 kit or bigger
Old 07-28-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Forget the Pacesetters get some stainless Headers, to go with that stainless SLP LM sys. Do you have any emissions testing where you live?

Dub
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Hey:

Forget the Pacesetters get some stainless Headers, to go with that stainless SLP LM sys. Do you have any emissions testing where you live?

Dub
no i dont, any suggestions on what stainless headers and what y pipe that will all fit together?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

LPPs or Ebay price is close to pacesetters or cheaper just have to do some mods to install them. But IMHO worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a long time.
Just check out ebay and search for stainless LT1 Camaro headers, they have LPPs on there as well LPP/Kooks knock offs. Look up with a search here^ for LPP for install help issues on them.

Dub
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Hey:

LPPs or Ebay price is close to pacesetters or cheaper just have to do some mods to install them. But IMHO worth it if you plan on keeping the car for a long time.
Just check out ebay and search for stainless LT1 Camaro headers, they have LPPs on there as well LPP/Kooks knock offs. Look up with a search here^ for LPP for install help issues on them.

Dub
the ebay ones come with the y pipe im pretty sure
Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Hey:

Dub
are these the ones your talking about? http://cgi.ebay.ca/93-97-CHEVY-CAMAR...item335d7d98f8
Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

what new timing set should i get and what rebuild kit on ai's site should i get?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

are these the ones your talking about? http://cgi.ebay.ca/93-97-CHEVY-CAMAR...item335d7d98f8
Yes, those are the LPP knock-offs.

what new timing set should i get and what rebuild kit on ai's site should i get?
For what you're looking to accomplish, a stock timing set will do just fine. Make sure you replace the gears too, not just the chain.

If you call AI, they can provide you with everything you need.

Quick Reply: hot cam kit for lt1? whats involved?