LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

coolant bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default coolant bleeder

Hi I drain coolant and fill it new coolant, I heard you support to use the bleeder to get all the air out, when I use the bleeder i saw coolant spray out. how do I know if my coolant dont have any air in it ?
Old 07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Slowly open the bleeder until coolant starts to seep out. When it stops bubbling and is just a steady stream you should have no more air bubbles.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I did something wrong today, when I fill the coolant, I never touch the bleeder. anyway after 10 min idle some coolant start boiling and steam coming out, it over flow a bit, then it back down, I add little more coolant, and after 10 more min THE COOLANT WAS SPILL HIGH EVERY WHERE ON MY ENGINE BAY , I turn off the car right away, then add coolant, I drove for a bit, temperture is normal, car run good. I let it sit for 3 hours, and went out check for coolant again, it full on the radiator cap. Should I keep take the cap off next couple day to check for coolant ?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

no just open the bleeder screw, the one close to the radiator not the one near the water pump neck. What i do is run the car to operation temp and cut if off then open the screw for like a couple of min then close it back
Old 07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

If you did not open the bleeders while filling it, you certainly have lots of air in the system. Perhaps you have gotten most of it out, now. Do what I8ASaleen said and you can check the coolant level for a couple of days like you said.

BTW, are you in America? That's some pretty sketchy english.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by old93camaro
no just open the bleeder screw, the one close to the radiator not the one near the water pump neck. What i do is run the car to operation temp and cut if off then open the screw for like a couple of min then close it back
I will do that today

Originally Posted by shbox
If you did not open the bleeders while filling it, you certainly have lots of air in the system. Perhaps you have gotten most of it out, now. Do what I8ASaleen said and you can check the coolant level for a couple of days like you said.

BTW, are you in America? That's some pretty sketchy english.
I will do that and keep my eye on coolant level next couple day. Yes I am American, But im born and from Vietnam, English is my third language.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 AM

where are these bleeder screws or plugs etc? My coolant is bubbling.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

http://shbox.com/1/bleeders.jpg

Quick Reply: coolant bleeder