LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

where do buy complete kit for EGR block off

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update, just receive the block off plate, it come with 3 peice, big peice, small peice and another small peice with ONE HOLE ? tell me these thing im about to do is wrong or right

1: take off the EGR, and put in some black rtv on the big plate and tight it down on the EGR location

2: take out the tube that right next to egr, and use the plate with 2 hole with black rtv.

3 : follow that tube and take out the whole tube ? or put in the other plate on top of that tube ?

my question is how come the third small plate only have 2 hole for the screw ?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flamingchicken94
I just blocked mine off this weekend.. I thought it was going to be tougher than it was. It was a peice of cake. I did it with the intake on, you don't have to see it. You can feel the bolts.

When you take your EGR valve off follow the vacuum line attached to it and it'll run into your intake. Block that off with that cap.
can you take the pix with the vacum cap please, btw you buy that cap from advance auto part ?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

any last comment before I do this ?
Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bolt them on man. Your making it more complicated then it needs to be. The plate that has one hole goes on the manifold. Remove that tube completely.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks, got every thing install, the bottem bolt where the exhault is a bitch, I could fix my hand in that tight space. spend 2 hours on that bolt, my gf call me and say we going to movie in 2 hours and 30 min, my hand is full of grease, and I cant fking get this single bolt off, I though I strip it, I pray and pray and some how I got a grip and it come loose. My girl came over, by that time I got everything done, head in for shower and hand grease cleaner, head to movie watching " grown up" funny movie !. BTW I use copper rtv on the plate, I found it on my garage, wonder if it ok.

BTW the big plate where the EGR valve is, that plate hole is kinda small and it doest not fix, so I have to made the hole little bigger to fix.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to do this also, does anybody know the wrench sizes to get the bolts out from the back of the intake?

I'm having some trouble reaching back there.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it should be 13mm
Old 08-27-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Travis Johnson
I'm about to do this also, does anybody know the wrench sizes to get the bolts out from the back of the intake?

I'm having some trouble reaching back there.
just feel the bolt and put the wrench in, the hardest part was take out the tube that connect to the header. be patient and spray some penatrade oil, you get it out.

Quick Reply: where do buy complete kit for EGR block off