LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Coolant Crossover AN Conversion, Part List and Pictures.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Also the stock banjo bolts are orificed to control flow. If you open up the flow, sometimes you flow the water so fast it will not pickup the heat from the "hot spots" The same principle of removing the thermostats from a flathead ford would cause it to crack, the two water pumps would push the water through the block so fast it couldn't pick up the heat...
Old 03-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Density
So I decided since my junk was out of the car, that I would go ahead and get rid of the banjo bolts, $22 rubber washers and an ugly pipe.

So, here is what I got (note you could do 90* off the head, but i dont like messing with getting the nipple on the AN side facing the right direction):

1/4 NPT to -6an Straight - x2
-6an 90* - x2
-6an Straight - x3
-6an Tee - x1
-6an Line

I used aeroquip socketless hose rather than stainless line. I had braided like I hate soggy bread.

EDIT: From Chris Sikora!

Parts

So, put your NPT fittings with red loctite in the head. Crank them down but remember your pushing into aluminum so dont go overboard.

Next, put your 90* -6an each side and measure where you want your Tee to end up between. I did it more on the passanger side head so that It would run up in a somewhat OE location.

So your stuff is measured or eyeballed, put the fittings/lines together:

As far as the end up at the raditator goes, I did NOT use a fitting. I will just t-bolt clamp it.
This looks awesome. What type of sealant did you use between the NPT fittings and the AFR heads? Did it work well?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Coolant Crossover AN Conversion, Part List and Pictures.