LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone here have a tune by Solomon?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z_speedfreak
madtuner offers a core exchange so no need for any footwork
Ok but hows his work? Do you have any of his tunes?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jcl_96TA
Correct me if i am wrong, but if u take a pcm out of another similar car and put it in any other car it will trip the security light because the vin # in the computer do not match the vin on the car? Any ways one easy way to see if you have a obd11 setup is the 4 o2 sensors instead of 3, and 2 cats + 4 O2's = obd2. 1995 was the transition year from obd1 to obd2. 1995 cars had obd1 setup but used a obd2 style plug.
Ok so that explains my situation. And I wouldnt know because the care came with no exhaust, I now have two o2 sensors on my longtube headers
Old 08-11-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

... He is a really nice guy two, and is a big time bible thumper witch i find annoying but you might like. (He donated my girlfriends money to his church) Witch isn't a bad thing, but i am sure my family could have used it more than his church. It was my birthday present from her that we really couldn't afford. But that's my own deal n not his problem.
Your girlfriend gave you money for your birthday which your family needed, and you spent it to have your car tuned.....but you are annoyed at Solomon for donating it to his church?

I recently got a tune from him just to see if it would be an improvement on my Trifecta tune....it was. I can feel the difference. As soon as the weather gets to where it's not 95 degrees with 95% humidity every day, I plan to go to the track and make a few passes with the Trifecta tune and the Solomon tune to quantify the differences.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dubga
Your girlfriend gave you money for your birthday which your family needed, and you spent it to have your car tuned.....but you are annoyed at Solomon for donating it to his church?

I recently got a tune from him just to see if it would be an improvement on my Trifecta tune....it was. I can feel the difference. As soon as the weather gets to where it's not 95 degrees with 95% humidity every day, I plan to go to the track and make a few passes with the Trifecta tune and the Solomon tune to quantify the differences.
Sorta off topic, but what track do you run at? I have a tune done by a local friend who does his own car and can't really tell much difference just driving other than the speedometer is right now and the fans come on sooner. I've been thinking about sending a spare pcm to solomon and doing the same kinda A to B test at the track that you are considerring....plus a few runs on the stock PCM maybe.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by l 95 Trans Am l
Ok but hows his work? Do you have any of his tunes?
yep I've had two and was very pleased with both. 1st tune is $150 and future tweaks & updates are $50, the core exchange is a $140 deposit you pay and once you get the tune on a new to you PCM you send yours back and then the deposit is refunded. and sorry not tryin to take anything away from solomon, from what I've heard over and over he does a very good job as well!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dubga

I had to get the car tuned to drive it. I had to drive it to get to work to pay my bills. It was annoying that i had cut a lot of corners to get the money for the tune, and he gave it to his church ( which is like throwing it in the trash imo). Witch is his call completely, i would have been much happier thinking that the money went to help his family.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had to get the car tuned to drive it. I had to drive it to get to work to pay my bills. It was annoying that i had cut a lot of corners to get the money for the tune, and he gave it to his church ( which is like throwing it in the trash imo). Witch is his call completely, i would have been much happier thinking that the money went to help his family.
Lets just drop the topic. When you payed him, it was declared his money, meaning he does what he wants with it. Thats the way it is. Hes a priest, church is what he does for a living. We cant put him down for that. Thats like a priest paying another priest money for something he bought, then he spends it on his car, he probably thinks the same thing you are, which is wtf.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think I get what you are saying now. When you said "I think my family could have used the money more than his church", I thought you were saying that he should have let you have a tune for free because you needed the money, which didn't make sense to me because you spent the money on the tune to begin with. I see now that you were saying you would have felt better knowing he used the money for his family instead of donating it. You meant "his family" instead of "my family". Sorry for the confusion...I retract the rolleyes.

However I donate to my church every week. If you have the means to do it, a lot of good comes from it if the church is well-run. It has been my experience that your church family will come to your aid faster and more selflessly than anyone else.

Ok...back to topic.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1961ba427
Sorta off topic, but what track do you run at? I have a tune done by a local friend who does his own car and can't really tell much difference just driving other than the speedometer is right now and the fans come on sooner. I've been thinking about sending a spare pcm to solomon and doing the same kinda A to B test at the track that you are considerring....plus a few runs on the stock PCM maybe.
South Georgia Motorsports Park in Cecil, GA.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks....and I'll second what you said about the money being used well if it is a well run Church.....and about them coming to your aid more selflessly than anyone else....including your blood family. (And I have an awesome family.) Sorry to get off topic.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mailorder tunes are garbage
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gregrob
Mailorder tunes are garbage
Why do you say that?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Because all the ones I have seen have been, from many of the
"big name" tuners.

If I HAD to go with a mail order tune only, it would be from Ed Wright, but that's not cheap. Of course nothing worth having is cheap..

A competent tuner to street tune the car, and then dyno it is the best way to go.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have a cam and heads package, then dyno tuning is the best way to go, no doubt about it. But I would hardly say that mail-order tunes are garbage across the board. For someone who has the basic bolt-ons, a mail-order tune is a much smarter way to go, especially with someone who will read your data logs and update the tune like Solomon does. For a common bolt-on setup, a dyno tune is not going to get you enough extra hp to justify the $400+ cost.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Launching!

Well either way i am pretty pleased with the work he did, and it was money well spent. What he does with his money is none of my business. I just wish he hadn't of told me what he did with the money. On his website he talks about how his tuning business is his only source of income, and that he does not make very much money. He then goes on to talking about donating a lot of his time to his church, which is admirable. Most everyone on here( myself included) knows what it is like to be flat on your *** ******* broke. So that played a factor in me deciding to have him to tune my car. Sounded like he could really use the money ya know, and that he probably needed it as much as i did. And then he just donated it to his church, which is probably already got him convinced that donating time and money is the quickest way to heaven.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Teching In

I hate to revive an old thread, but where can I find Solomon's website? A quick Google search didn't give me a link.

Also, has anyone compared Solomon's work to PCMForless?

Thanks guys
Paul
Old 09-01-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Well either way i am pretty pleased with the work he did, and it was money well spent. What he does with his money is none of my business. I just wish he hadn't of told me what he did with the money. On his website he talks about how his tuning business is his only source of income, and that he does not make very much money. He then goes on to talking about donating a lot of his time to his church, which is admirable. Most everyone on here( myself included) knows what it is like to be flat on your *** ******* broke. So that played a factor in me deciding to have him to tune my car. Sounded like he could really use the money ya know, and that he probably needed it as much as i did. And then he just donated it to his church, which is probably already got him convinced that donating time and money is the quickest way to heaven.
Lots of people tithe when you going to Church. It is about there life and the Church. Without Tithing, the Church, the Church can have a very hard time functioning
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mixtape
I hate to revive an old thread, but where can I find Solomon's website? A quick Google search didn't give me a link.

Also, has anyone compared Solomon's work to PCMForless?

Thanks guys
Paul
Here it is:

http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/

Quick Reply: Anyone here have a tune by Solomon?