duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this wasn't meant to be a pissing contest, can we please get back on track
Old 08-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSWHO
I'd rather hear a ford pass me. At least they sound good.

My car looks better too. The bulgy look is meh.
HAAAAAA that guy's WS6 clowns on your ******* pile! You talk a lot of crap about the LSX because your stuck with that old LT rust bucket. By the way, how's that opti treating you?
Old 08-14-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastKid
HAAAAAA that guy's WS6 clowns on your ******* pile! You talk a lot of crap about the LSX because your stuck with that old LT rust bucket. By the way, how's that opti treating you?
lol you win for the most retarded post of the day. for that, i congratulate you with a swift kick in the nuts.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

back on topic...

Seriously, you already know what you want to do. It's whether or not you can or will do it. Nobody on here is going to sway you. You already have the information you need to make the decision.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Resident

Check out this LS nut swinger lmao. Let me guess 16 maybe 17 year old high school kid who thinks his car is top dog over all the Plymouth Neons and Toyota Corollas at his school.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bowtie Boy
Check out this LS nut swinger lmao. Let me guess 16 maybe 17 year old high school kid who thinks his car is top dog over all the Plymouth Neons and Toyota Corollas at his school.
No 15. Just got my permit....
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSWHO
back on topic...

Seriously, you already know what you want to do. It's whether or not you can or will do it. Nobody on here is going to sway you. You already have the information you need to make the decision.
very true. you came to the wrong forum site to ask what you should do, because any question you will ask on this site you will get 2 different answers. lol
Old 08-14-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

No 15. Just got my permit....
Dang, Clever Cletus! We got ourselves a lady killer!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by duh
So convince me to keep the LTx. I already know I'll make more hp per $$ with the LSx.
I really don't see where that is true. If anything, good LSX parts are more expensive. The factory LSX cylinder head choices are way better, but once you go aftermarket that is no longer the case.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
I really don't see where that is true. If anything, good LSX parts are more expensive. The factory LSX cylinder head choices are way better, but once you go aftermarket that is no longer the case.
Indeed. If you plan on only doing mild mods and are content with being slow either of the will do.

Once you are really modding them its more of how much you are willing to spend then anything else.

PS: why is it always the slow cars that are the first to talk smack??
Old 08-14-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Once you are really modding them its more of how much you are willing to spend then anything else.
I know exactly what you are saying. I built this a few years back. It cost a few bucks! I am still adding up the receipts on the LT4 that I am building for the Shootout. I can say from experience that the parts are all expensive!!

Old 08-14-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

^ wicked, lots of $ sitting there!
Old 08-14-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO
I know exactly what you are saying. I built this a few years back. It cost a few bucks! I am still adding up the receipts on the LT4 that I am building for the Shootout. I can say from experience that the parts are all expensive!!
Nasty .

I've got a decent LS1 car worth of junk just in my engine and it still probably won't be able to hang with your little LT4.

If you think about return on investment for even one second you're in the wrong hobby! .
Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not thinking about anything right now. If I go LT it's going to be 408 with forged probe pistons, eagle forged crank and probably scat or compstar rods. Heads are as to be determined since I'm probably going to convert a set of SBC heads since Magnuson TVS 1900 or 2300 with the traditional SBC bottom. Run with the inlet up front and a 90+ mm TB. I'm thinkin Kenny Duttweiler would be able to spec out a nice little cam, as well as do some work to the heads. Of course slap in a set of 1 7/8" headers. If I go to the LSx route I'm thinking of getting an LS9 crate and dropping it in, with maybe a pulley and cam swap to start. Either way a stock LTx pcm will not do the job in either case, so I'm going to be in the same position as far as support components go (ie. wiring, pcm, tubular K, etc., etc.). So I'm really just looking for some reasons to go one way or the other. That's what this whole thread is truly about.

Quick Reply: Convince me, please