Old 10-07-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

curious where you ended up on this?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what rockers are on it?

My buddy had the same sort of thing happen to his car. We chased and replaced everything and still nothing. Turned out to be the rocker arms were going cause of too much lift. Most of the aluminum bodied rockers are only good to .575 lift or right around there.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ks my ss
what rockers are on it?

My buddy had the same sort of thing happen to his car. We chased and replaced everything and still nothing. Turned out to be the rocker arms were going cause of too much lift. Most of the aluminum bodied rockers are only good to .575 lift or right around there.
huh??? i ran .600 lift on a set of crane gold aluminums for a while with no issues.......if you've got a bad rocker thats one thing but the only issue you could run into there is if the roller tip is rolling off the edge of the valve becuase of improper geometry or if the body of the rocker is hitting the spring/retainer because of large springs and rockers that arent clearanced......over .575 lift shouldn't affect aluminum roller rockers at all
Old 10-07-2010, 11:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have comp pro mag 1.6 rockers.... I doubt that is it though as a lot of guys on here spin them way higher than I am...

My cam dose not have a ton of lift either....

I still have not fixed the high rpm miss...However I have a complete EFI connection system sitting in my garage which will be going on shortly.....Maybe that will fix it....

Matt
Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
huh??? i ran .600 lift on a set of crane gold aluminums for a while with no issues.......if you've got a bad rocker thats one thing but the only issue you could run into there is if the roller tip is rolling off the edge of the valve becuase of improper geometry or if the body of the rocker is hitting the spring/retainer because of large springs and rockers that arent clearanced......over .575 lift shouldn't affect aluminum roller rockers at all
his pushrod might have been a tad short. I don't know about that but the rockers were all rubbed clean around the polly locks on over half the rockers from side to side play. These were the gm rockers that came with the hot cam.

I know for a fact that the crane golds will not clear titanium retainers. Mine were not even close and a ton of material would have to be removed.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MattSapp95_T/A
I have comp pro mag 1.6 rockers.... I doubt that is it though as a lot of guys on here spin them way higher than I am...

My cam dose not have a ton of lift either....

I still have not fixed the high rpm miss...However I have a complete EFI connection system sitting in my garage which will be going on shortly.....Maybe that will fix it....

Matt
I have the pro mags with over .600 lift and no problems.

Quick Reply: High RPM Miss Continues! Valve Float??