LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anyone seen this before eliminate opti

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lendada13
Why are you here if you know EVERYTHING since birth. Us normal people ask questions to get answers.
Who the **** is this guy?
Old 10-08-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard a couple people having problems with the efi connections and the 94 and 95 transmission control functions.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

I think its the pcm that has problems controlling the transmission not the efi.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ElkySS
point is this thing has been out so long alot of ppl think they are out of business.

yall need to quit whinning when someone has a little fun with it.
well last I heard, a couple years ago, is that the guy had some serious health problems arise and put his business on the back burner..
Old 10-08-2010, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I seen this ignition in GM Hightech like 8 years ago. This is the first Ive heard of it since.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive had it on my ta for years, works excellent, not sure if hes still in business but i got some updated parts from him about 2 years ago for my unit for free and i definatly like it alot better then the opti, and i bought it used for under 300 bucks
Old 10-09-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LSWHO
This site is mostly high school people. Or their brains never developed after. If you want a real site there are a few others that are much more friendly and the knowledge base consists of more than 5 know it alls.
Really? Care to name those other sites with so much more knowledge than this one? There are a few idiots around of course but do not say as a fact that there are only "5 know it alls".

The technical knowledge and data base this site has is hard to beat. Other sites have tried but have failed miserably.

Last edited by chaman; 10-09-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Why are you here if you know EVERYTHING since birth. Us normal people ask questions to get answers.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

What I would be interested in having would be the opti relocated to where a distributor is on a sbc. I think for the majority of LT1 owners, the problem with the optispark is simply its location. Not sure if it could be done with a stock LT1 intake but I know its been done with a single plane intake before: http://camaroz28.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489168

Last edited by Firebat; 10-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is very possible, and (dare I say it) almost easy. Just cut a hole and tap a hold-down bolt for the distributor and that's it.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...ls1/index.html
Old 10-10-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chaman
Really? Care to name those other sites with so much more knowledge than this one? There are a few idiots around of course but do not say as a fact that there are only "5 know it alls".

The technical knowledge and data base this site has is hard to beat. Other sites have tried but have failed miserably.
I was referring to the "few idiots" as know it alls. They cram there pompous BS down your throat every thread. It's there way or no way. Some other sites will give you info and options without the ******* comments and supercilious bullshit.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
It is very possible, and (dare I say it) almost easy. Just cut a hole and tap a hold-down bolt for the distributor and that's it.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...ls1/index.html
Im pretty sure you need to shim it also to put the distributor in the right position.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Teching In

Yes you do have to shim it .. cant rember the tolerance, some of those other web sites that dont have all the *** holes and no it alls should have that information .
Old 10-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Rockstar

I'd like to see a write up or how to on how they did that relocation. Seems pretty extreme.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think the hole location will be more critical than the height, the height you can make shims or washers and get the same build up (thickness)as an intake with a distributor hole already in it.. i think the tolerance on the height is like +.030, you cant have the distributor making contact (sitting) on the oil pump drive..

they also dont show on the lt1 intake is the egr boss's that have been cut off and tig welded up and ground smooth.

definetly a job to do with the engine on the stand and a tig welder and a mill.. not difficult, but time consuming.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

The thread with the opti / gen1 distributor hybrid is interesting, but it ends with the opti not being discussed very much and that the OP was sworn to secrecy since it was "pending copyright" at the time...that was in 07. No updates since then. I'd like to know how one might pull that off myself.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chaman

Both here and Corvette forum are both very good forums. But this forum does skew to a younger audience which = less experience in general. The median age at the Corvette forum is probably mid 30s to 40s. However, people work on their cars themselves more here. So its pretty much a wash in my opinion.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ChandlerMotorsports
Both here and Corvette forum are both very good forums. But this forum does skew to a younger audience which = less experience in general. The median age at the Corvette forum is probably mid 30s to 40s. However, people work on their cars themselves more here. So its pretty much a wash in my opinion.
there is **** tons of good info on here, problem is most of it goes unseen and is gettin forgotten about. like you said most regulars in here are younger, most of the older pros and experts moved on and I bet the ones that have stuck around get sick of some peoples attitudes in here and dont post much b/c of it.

I made a thread once to see about making an archive of the best LT1 threads so all that knowledge doesnt get compleatly forgotten about but the idea didnt get much support and it would need allot of member help to do it I remember some of the discussions that took place in here when I 1st started using tech in '03 tho. I was a total novice and this place used to be really intimidating to newbs and the novice so I didnt even join for a couple of years. but all the topics used to be so advanced and complex reading everything 2,3,4 or 5 times was pretty normal for me.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

if the guys that know everything from birth were not here, who would answer your noob questions correctly?
Old 10-26-2010, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

I have no experience with the Deltech, that was before my time, but have had good luck with the Dynotech and MSD Opti with other people's cars and the Bailey LTCC and EFI Connections kit on my Formula. If you are looking for a simple and clean installation, the MSD is hard to beat. The LTCC requires some wiring, but is dead reliable, and the EFI Connections kit is more of a complete overhaul. The Dynotech, LTCC and EFI Connections install stories are all up on our site under Tech/LT1. Hope that helps...good luck!

Quick Reply: anyone seen this before eliminate opti