LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cam Motion cams

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cam Motion?
Oh yeah, according to the experts on the board. They make a darn fine cam.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Village Troll

Received 533 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
If you guys did, then yall might have some info about Cam Motion for me, and not all this bullshit. I'm not seeing it.
I see nothing of the sort. What I see are several members telling you that Cam Motion makes a quality cam, yet save your money on a "custom" cam and get something that has been proven to work. You are not going to reinvent the wheel or shake up the small block world and run an ET that hasn't been run before with a stock engine.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Rockstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not about that, it's about answering my question straight, if you have any input at all.
Anyone who has run one of their cams and wants to inform me, is what I intend of this thread.
Otherwise, I don't want to hear what your ******* OPINION is, about something else, what you think I should run, what you think I should drive, or what you think I should do. That's all. If you don't have any experience with their stuff, don't you ******* post up in here.
Sorry for having to be a dick about it, but there's a lot of you self serving illiterates in here that don't seem to know when to stop. So just stop posting. You know who you are.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
If someone is trying to accomplish one of their results it would stand to reason they should try a similar setup. At the same time though a stock shortblock, stock heads car is nothing like those cars. Compare apples to apples.

bowtienut and I run the same cam(and heads) as speed_demon24 with pretty good results. bowtienut has a current thread on his race prepped 3800lbs Impala running 11.1 with 60ft times the same as my STREET car ran on 11.5s so he has more left in it on a good track.
I would call that an example of a "custom" cam that worked so well the vendor started selling lots of them.
On topic,

One last question regarding this. If YOU were to go ALL OUT on a cam-only stock bottom-end, what cam would you choose?

This is to ALL of you.

Would you let cam motion spec it?
AI?
LE?
BRE?
Self?
Shelf?
anybody else I missed.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Poof, make this one disappear Johnny. Show these bitches who is boss
Old 10-08-2010, 10:37 PM
9 Second Club

No, I'm serious. I haven't decided on a cam yet. And I'm considering just scrapping the block.
Now that sounds like a plan. Slap a ls1 with an MS4 in there, put down over 400rwhp and be done with it!

just joking lt1 guys. But seriously stop the bickering.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not about that, it's about answering my question straight, if you have any input at all.
Anyone who has run one of their cams and wants to inform me, is what I intend of this thread.
Otherwise, I don't want to hear what your ******* OPINION is, about something else, what you think I should run, what you think I should drive, or what you think I should do. That's all. If you don't have any experience with their stuff, don't you ******* post up in here.
Sorry for having to be a dick about it, but there's a lot of you self serving illiterates in here that don't seem to know when to stop. So just stop posting. You know who you are.

Your question has been answered. You can dwell all you want about a custom cam for your application, but it really won't make any more appreciable power than a well suited shelf grind, and very few people (if any), waste so much time contemplating such.

Cam Motion is very reputable, ran one of their older hydraulic grinds in the late 80's, and it ran well. Their tech was spot on for my application, and I ended up with a shelf grind for a relatively stout 327CI.

Quick Reply: Cam Motion cams