LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AI 226/234 results, very happy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Advanced Induction
Awesome, I appreciate the offer & kind words. We've been so busy over the past year that our website and results list really needs an update. I've also created a youtube channel, so everyone researching will have a large selection of results, sound clips, etc. from you guys, the actual customers.
http://www.youtube.com/AdvancedInduction
cool!

On heads, even our 190cc CNC'd GM LT1 will outperform the as-cast 21 deg head. As the majority of your $ isn't going toward the casting itself, it buys you superior machine work, components, and more consistent results. I like the 21deg TFS head & we've got a couple CNC'd versions of it. At the same time, there is not much that is appreciably better than the factory casting when it comes to most moderate street oriented applications. In the end, the result will be a function of the work applied to the casting, and not typically the casting itself.
Interesting, is there more potential in the trickflow head when both are worked over?

Hah, I appreciate it very much, Pat. Making power is about as difficult as falling off a log as they say. Doing it reliably and consistently is key. Still, it takes guys like you, Joel, and many of our other customers to really bring the potential to reality.
Haha thank you!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really need to finish up my camaro,l got preety much the same set up as you do but with a k&n intake and hooker catback, I ran into problem after problem with my setup while trying to get it tuned and finished then i gave up for a bit. I'm still rocking the 2.73 gear and i know that is whats killing my setup. Ran it at the track once and was still in 2nd gear going through the traps.

Congrats on the good setup!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is crazy! only 2nd!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! That's pretty much the same spec camshaft Phil at AI speced for my LSx.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeliusZ28

Interesting, is there more potential in the trickflow head when both are worked over?
Depends on application. For a stock short block our 212cc CNC'd 21deg TFS head will be 10-20 #'s up on our 200cc CNC'd GM casting. Whenever I have time I'll program the ~200cc 21deg head we've got which will essentially have identical potential to our 200cc CNC work on GM castings. Relative to the as cast 21deg head, our 190cc CNC work & components will make more power and has superior machine work and valve train. If you already have a good set of GM 374/643's it is difficult to beat simply applying high end machine work to them rather than having much of what you spend go to castings. It isn't the casting that makes a setup work or not, it's the work applied.

Quick Reply: AI 226/234 results, very happy!