LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

leading factors to fuel pump death

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Ill try the racetronics. I changed the fuel filter at the same time I did the fuel pump.

I kid u not my tank never come close to half ever. I'm almost off work so ill check everything you guys have said.

Hope this is the last time I do a fuel pump
Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
Dirty installation is the leading cause of premature fuel pump failure.

The inner workings do NOT like sand and dirt.
Absolutly!!!!!! You are very very correct the easiest and quickest way to kill one of these things is to run some type of debris through the pump. I NEEDS to be a clean install.

Originally Posted by alexcoreas
Ill try the racetronics. I changed the fuel filter at the same time I did the fuel pump.

I kid u not my tank never come close to half ever. I'm almost off work so ill check everything you guys have said.

Hope this is the last time I do a fuel pump
I could have been like puck said above with some kind of contamination. Make sure the tank is clean and you replace the sock and do all this in a clean area and working surface. I ran a walboro 255 for 3 years with no problem then I had to swap it out for an A1000 cause the new motor was too thirsty for the 255 ........i had the racetronix kit.....also for what its worth......my wiring did go bad on me on the walboro once.....i lost the ground wire into the tank it went bad in that little yellow bulkhead connector......a good sign of this is you will see the fuel level gauge peg to full......also did you check the relay? make sure theres power and ground in there before you go dumping money into a pump....
Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks man.

So I checked the pump pulled it out of the car and gave direct power to it 12V and wham it gave me 60 psi. So what the heck. Could it be a fuse relay?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

How do u know if u need a new fuse relay
Old 09-27-2010, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Thanks for the help guys it ended up being the connection from my chassis to my pump it primes and car runs well again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqnQ2...e_gdata_player