LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Road to the 9's NA with a 385 AI HCI Street Car Video&Pics Inside 10.2x's so far.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its gonna do it, the air is a comin.

Thats a baaad bitch.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
yea that fully charged thing didnt work out too well for me lol.....i installed it hit the key and the motor may have made one revolution before it stopped lol.....figured that wasn't a good sign then i saw on the test card that the build date was february which means it sat on the shelf at summit for like 9 months....oh well they sent me another one it will be here thursday.......in the mean time im gonna go searching for more weight and re-do the wiring to the battery....make it nice a neat and hidden i hate looking at the stock spaghetti bowl of wires lol
stock pcm in there still? I just wired my fan outputs into the factory relays, and kept the oil level, starter relay, oil pressure, and coolant temp wiring. Instead of 30 wires running through the firewall, I think I have 7 in a nice small 3/8" conduit, plus the clean DFI harness of course. I just went by the pinouts on shoebox's site, it took me about 2 hours to cut everything out. Once you start trimming and making a big pile it's hard to stop
Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Very nice run!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
stock pcm in there still? I just wired my fan outputs into the factory relays, and kept the oil level, starter relay, oil pressure, and coolant temp wiring. Instead of 30 wires running through the firewall, I think I have 7 in a nice small 3/8" conduit, plus the clean DFI harness of course. I just went by the pinouts on shoebox's site, it took me about 2 hours to cut everything out. Once you start trimming and making a big pile it's hard to stop
I really need to rip out all the unsed wiring out of my harness.

Mike, good luck getting into the 9's Only a matter of time now.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looking good mike, its gonna be a cold weekend up at NED, could we possibly see a 9 sec slip??
Old 10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Atta boy! Keep at it. From the sound of it, you still have weight to shed...and STILL be streetable.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
yea its in there but its not really doing much 4l60 is a manual valve body now and the xfi i running the motor....winter plans are to yank the stock ecm and the wiring thats not needed....i already drew up a schematic of what i need and what i dont...gonna be very similar to what you did except im gonna be just replacing harnesses with nice new neat ones instead of cutting up my stock harness.....i wanna keep it....

going out side now to fix the wiring around the battery
Old 10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
Looking good mike, its gonna be a cold weekend up at NED, could we possibly see a 9 sec slip??
idk i think i still need to shed some weight to get it there......should see some low tens without a doubt though....maybe 10.10's??? that would be nice
Old 10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
11 Second Club

Mike I think the weather alone will get you damn close with your latest round of mods!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

What is your exhaust setup?

Radio? Speakers? Antenna and mount? Door bars?
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

As Pat will see 10's in his Imp you will see 9's in this cooler weather.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by joelster
What is your exhaust setup?

Radio? Speakers? Antenna and mount? Door bars?
got headers that are too small for the motor lol hooker super comps.....with a set of dynomax race mufflers after the headers.......

no radio
no speakers
antenna we welded in when we did the body so it and the hole is gone
but yea door bars are still in and they are staying in its not worth the 25lbs to me
Old 10-04-2010, 08:17 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by AChotrod
Mike I think the weather alone will get you damn close with your latest round of mods!!!
i sure hope your right mike.......were gonna find out soon you guys are getting me all excited now lol.........

on a good note i found the electrical problem in the car.....the speed inc ls1 alternator relocation bracket is power coated black.....when you bolt the alternator to it breaks the ground circuit to the case from the block.....i ran a jumper cable from the case to the battery negative post and bam it started charging......just gonna run a 4 gauge to the case from the battery and call it a day.....glad i got that solved
Old 10-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Default great setup

sweet setup man. i've been stalkin you on utube haha. i've got a similar setup just stock casting heads 200cc. ended up having a broken valve spring on # 1 exhaust. phil is reworking my heads right now. i've stayed with the hyd roller setup but am wondering if i shouldn't go solid. u think you could steer me in the right direction? any recommendations would be appreciated. the thing made 425 406 to the wheels when i had it tuned by phil smith up n KY but it never did seem right. i actually ran the car twice before the failure and the best was 12.5 @ 110. don't mean to hijack ur thread or anything...sorry if i have haha. awesome car man!!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice passes. Very nice setup you got there. The 9's will come with your weight loss and suspension tuning.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by byatescmco
sweet setup man. i've been stalkin you on utube haha. i've got a similar setup just stock casting heads 200cc. ended up having a broken valve spring on # 1 exhaust. phil is reworking my heads right now. i've stayed with the hyd roller setup but am wondering if i shouldn't go solid. u think you could steer me in the right direction? any recommendations would be appreciated. the thing made 425 406 to the wheels when i had it tuned by phil smith up n KY but it never did seem right. i actually ran the car twice before the failure and the best was 12.5 @ 110. don't mean to hijack ur thread or anything...sorry if i have haha. awesome car man!!
well how often do you drive the car and whats ur CR? as for the solid....i can tell you if they are built correctly (which AI does) they will last. I've got the compeition SR setup on my car with Jesel Shaft's and the whole supporting valvetrain and my lifters never move out of adjustment. I check them all the time but I havent adjusted them since the spring!! And also my valvetrain looks like its brand new......if you build a SR with good parts they will last......as for me i can guarantee you every hot street motor i build from now on will have a solid roller in it (money supporting of course lol).....as for a daily though id stick with the hydraulic
Old 10-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
well how often do you drive the car and whats ur CR? as for the solid....i can tell you if they are built correctly (which AI does) they will last. I've got the compeition SR setup on my car with Jesel Shaft's and the whole supporting valvetrain and my lifters never move out of adjustment. I check them all the time but I havent adjusted them since the spring!! And also my valvetrain looks like its brand new......if you build a SR with good parts they will last......as for me i can guarantee you every hot street motor i build from now on will have a solid roller in it (money supporting of course lol).....as for a daily though id stick with the hydraulic
it will see very little street time....if any. it is pretty much just pull it to the track have fun and go back home. cr is 12.14:1. i attached my dyno sheet kinda odd how it makes power to 5700 and levels off to 6700. almost like the cam bumped out or a restriction. but i did the 200cc their custom cam and street strip intake porting and their high performance hyd roller setup. it'd be great if i could ever get mine close to where you are now!! haha just an awesome ride all together!!
Attached Thumbnails Road to the 9's NA with a 385 AI HCI Street Car Video&Pics Inside 10.2x's so far.....-brandon_yates1.jpg  
Old 10-10-2010, 11:34 PM
9 Second Club

Gettin closer!!!! Went 10.260 @ 131.8 today with a 1.41 60'......more updates tomorrow just got home from the track now
Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear! I look forward to reading the updates
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thumbs up

Awesome! And there's better weather coming!!!

Quick Reply: Road to the 9's NA with a 385 AI HCI Street Car Video&Pics Inside 10.2x's so far.....