LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Road to the 9's NA with a 385 AI HCI Street Car Video&Pics Inside 10.2x's so far.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
yea i think its the Wideband on the xfi.....i noticed it was reading very irradicaly ?
it would be reading irradically if something was wrong upstream....no ? do you run leaded fuel alot ? could be your o2 beginning to take a dump ?

or if you are running an opti, then there MAY be the culprit. i have a real distributor for sale if you are ever interested and works great with the XFI !

do you run closed loop pr open loop when you are WOT ?
Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by taner
it would be reading irradically if something was wrong upstream....no ? do you run leaded fuel alot ? could be your o2 beginning to take a dump ?

or if you are running an opti, then there MAY be the culprit. i have a real distributor for sale if you are ever interested and works great with the XFI !

hey tanner!!!

idk i was thinking it could be a problem up stream but i check everything out and it looks good........plus i can see the O2 jumping wicked fast at part throttle from like 12-15AFR and this car never did that before.......but yea i do run leaded fuel all the time a mix of 112/116...........i think the O2 is on its way out its been on there for 2 years it a miracle it lasted that long with leaded race fuel.......\

last night i did a compression test.....leak down test.....cooling system pressure test and i verified the coil and crank trigger was working......the only thing the opti is doing is sending the spark its just a cap and rotor......i figured if that was bad it would be doing it all the time and not just at WOT

also yes i run closed loop at WOT but its a small correction factor ...less than 4%
Old 10-26-2010, 10:03 AM
9 Second Club

Default strange brake install

heres some pics of the brake install from saturday night.......dropped a TON of weight!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

and just outta curiousity whats this "dizzy" you ahve for sale tell me more lol????
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM

i have an accel billet rear mount distributor. 3 wires from the fast and you have a no more issues!!!!! Period! i even have spare caps and rotors. that is how i roll! nothing worse than going racing and needing to swap the car or something stupid, and damn, no spare parts.

of course you would have to have your intake modified to accept such a piece.

it is a dist. for a 95 - 97 gm chevy p/u truck with a Vortec engine. but it is a nice billet distributor.

i would definitely swap the o2, get ready to bend over...200 bones for that part! i only run leaded fuel when i spray the car hard. otherwise pumpgas works just fine
Old 10-26-2010, 11:00 PM
9 Second Club

i have an accel billet rear mount distributor. 3 wires from the fast and you have a no more issues!!!!! Period! i even have spare caps and rotors. that is how i roll! nothing worse than going racing and needing to swap the car or something stupid, and damn, no spare parts.

of course you would have to have your intake modified to accept such a piece.

it is a dist. for a 95 - 97 gm chevy p/u truck with a Vortec engine. but it is a nice billet distributor.

i would definitely swap the o2, get ready to bend over...200 bones for that part! i only run leaded fuel when i spray the car hard. otherwise pumpgas works just fine
will that dizzy fit under the cowl to go in the intake though??? i know which one ur talking about it the flat crab cap.....i've got the Victor E EFI intake on it so all i gotta do is pull out my dizzy plug and it will go right in.....yea i ordered the O2 my buddy hooked me up and got me the NTK LHA sensor for $130....it will be here thursday.......but yea i gotta run the race gas in this its got a **** ton of compression.......

if that dizzy fits under the cowl ill prob buy it from u......i was actually thinking of using it....come to think of it i got the old one out of my truck (98 GMC 5.7 vortec)....i could see if i can get it in there
Old 10-26-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you buy the brakes?
How much weight did you save?
DOnt you drive this on the street? Are these the street version?
Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Looks AWESOME Mike, nice work!!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:39 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
Where did you buy the brakes?
How much weight did you save?
DOnt you drive this on the street? Are these the street version?
got them from BMR Fabrication

Yep I street drive it......it stops just fine you just cant go road racing the car lol........you can get 3-4 hard high speed stops out of them then they get a bit of fade from heat.....but for normal driving and a couple of emergency stops the work great

i didn't do a weight comparision i didn't have time lol.......but i can tell you they are wayyyyyy ligher........the hub itself droppped like 7lbs each......the rotors are almost 15lbs lighter each i think i dropped around 40-50lbs off the nose with them but its rotating weight too.......... before my brakes would drag on the front now my wheels spin like bicycle tires lol........cant wait to get the popping issue straightend out and get this thing to the track and see what it does........im hoping for 10.0's
Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
9 Second Club

on a good note i fixed the traction problem.......got this suspension thing down to a sience now........50 degree day, damp, no sun and bad track prep and the NA LT1 on a 10 inch tire was still hooking up!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey mike i'll trade u a stick of gum and a pedro martinez baseball card for those drag brakes

hahaha looks good man. yea i have heard drag brakes make a huge difference both with reg weight savings, rotational weight savings, and drag! it will def be a mod i will do down the road.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
hey mike i'll trade u a stick of gum and a pedro martinez baseball card for those drag brakes

hahaha looks good man. yea i have heard drag brakes make a huge difference both with reg weight savings, rotational weight savings, and drag! it will def be a mod i will do down the road.
if its mango flavored juicy fruit u got a deal lol..........
Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much compression you running in that thing.

Just wondering cause I saw you were running some high octane.

Ken
Old 10-28-2010, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

hahahha btw mike u ever get that vid of the camaro/firebird street final i was in online? i'd love to see it.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:17 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28racerlt1
How much compression you running in that thing.

Just wondering cause I saw you were running some high octane.

Ken
just a little bit extra........like 13.9:1

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
hahahha btw mike u ever get that vid of the camaro/firebird street final i was in online? i'd love to see it.
yea i got it lemme look i totally forgot my b
Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
11 Second Club

Thx mike!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
yea i ordered the O2 my buddy hooked me up and got me the NTK LHA sensor for $130...
got a part number for that sensor ? would like to archive it!

i am pretty sure our cowls are the same, lol ! so yeah it will fit
Old 10-28-2010, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

if the distributor doesn't fix the issue.... my vote is on valve float from you zinging it to 8000+ all the time. what springs you have in that thing?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
if the distributor doesn't fix the issue.... my vote is on valve float from you zinging it to 8000+ all the time. what springs you have in that thing?
not valve float for a couple of reasons..........1. Its a PSI Endurance Spring........2. If it floated it would've blown up theres less than .040 Piston to Valve Clearance.......3. It pops a little at 6500 but is clean as a whistle at 8000 4. The tune affects it 5. I check a few springs and the pressure is exactly the same as when i bought em.......

Thanks for the idea but I went through everything the motor mechanically is fine......did compression test....leak down test....cooling sys pressure test.....tried my coil on a buddies car......checked plug wires....the only two things were the WB02 reading wicked irradically which im saying was it and the Opti which i havent touched yet.......one way or another im trashing that damn thing this winter.....anybody wanna buy an opti???? lol
Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 AM
9 Second Club

got a part number for that sensor ? would like to archive it!

i am pretty sure our cowls are the same, lol ! so yeah it will fit
yea it shows up as two nubmers in the ntk list
NTK # LHA LZA-08-H6
NTK NGK 24302 I think this is the one that its listed as in their stock numbers

$120 vs. 285 from fast lol.......mark one up for the good guys!!!

As for that dizzy yea im interested in it if its in good shape I'll take it off ur hands..........im gonna rewire this thing this winter and ill just make the new harness for the dizzy out back........id really like to have a $50 cap and rotor and be able to change it in 10 min at the track instead of this daffy $150 opti thing lol.......PM me taner

and on this note anybody wanna buy a custom set of moroso 11mm Wires for an LT1??? They're sleeved and you cant buy them from moroso I made them custom.................

Quick Reply: Road to the 9's NA with a 385 AI HCI Street Car Video&Pics Inside 10.2x's so far.....