LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil restrictor or don't worry about it

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 06:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Why would you suggest to epoxy/vent tube anything when you have no idea of the OP's setup?
..............still waiting...........
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
..............still waiting...........
You're going to be waiting for a while. I already said that's not what I was suggesting. Sorry if my post is misleading or doesn't meet the stringent LS1Tech standards for grammar, get over it.

Once again, people trying to be drama queens.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Village Troll

Received 541 Likes on 391 Posts

It has nothing to do with being a drama queen. You come in here and make absurd comments of what the op should do, backpeddle and become butt hurt when your comments are challenged. If it is indeed true that is not what you meant and it was a simple grammatical error that doesn't cover the fact that you believe oil should be controlled to the front or rear of the block. That is yet another retarded statement perhaps you heard regurgitated from someone else. Care to disclaim yourself from that comment as well?
Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ulakovic22
Quit trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. In the first sentence of my post I said, "Not that I think you are going all out." Meaning that the rest of my post was based upon someone who wanted to go all out would want to control the oil flow away from the RA.

******* drama queens on this site, I swear.
You are learning well young Skywalker.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

It has nothing to do with being a drama queen. You come in here and make absurd comments of what the op should do, backpeddle and become butt hurt when your comments are challenged. If it is indeed true that is not what you meant and it was a simple grammatical error that doesn't cover the fact that you believe oil should be controlled to the front or rear of the block. That is yet another retarded statement perhaps you heard regurgitated from someone else. Care to disclaim yourself from that comment as well?
Haven't backpeddaled on anything, it's still true that for an all out motor you want to control the flow of oil away from the RA, meaning you don't want it dripping down the center of the block. You want it to go to the front and rear of the valley. People even go the extra step to epoxy up the valley as well, and no I don't mean screens. Why is that so hard to understand? Why do you think that it's not valid or important to do?

Edit: Before you come back and ask for proof or whatever, it's on you to prove why you think I'm full of ****. You're the one who says that it's all bullshit, prove it.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
You are learning well young Skywalker.
Haha, it's always the same people on this site ******* it up.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

amen brother lol

and yea he will ask for proof lol........he called me out on going 10.38 with my NA car....and we'll as of now he was right I dont go 10.38..............i go 10.26 bahahahahah lol......
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Village Troll

Haven't backpeddaled on anything, it's still true that for an all out motor you want to control the flow of oil away from the RA, meaning you don't want it dripping down the center of the block. You want it to go to the front and rear of the valley. People even go the extra step to epoxy up the valley as well, and no I don't mean screens. Why is that so hard to understand? Why do you think that it's not valid or important to do?

Edit: Before you come back and ask for proof or whatever, it's on you to prove why you think I'm full of ****. You're the one who says that it's all bullshit, prove it.
Oh I believe it's been done. What you are failing to understand is that it is bullshit to do it in most every application on this site. In the 15 years I've been involved with these engines I've never seen or heard someone suggest this. I've never seen or heard of any sort of engine failure because your epoxy/vent tube suggestion wasn't done. I have no idea how effective it is. It just puzzles me why you would suggest it while stating it's not for a street engine. As stated, for street applications the oiling system works just fine w/out having to modify or control anything. Only secret is to have a good windage tray.
This is a repeated trend for you. You get on here, make a dumb comment, get **** on and you lose your mind bitching about content. This place functions just fine without you. You don't own a LT1 engine. Like the fatboy, it's questionable if you've ever worked on one and you aren't interested in racing, so I'm not sure why you are even here.

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
and yea he will ask for proof lol........he called me out on going 10.38 with my NA car....and we'll as of now he was right I dont go 10.38..............i go 10.26 bahahahahah lol......
I did?
I fully believe your car runs what it does. Please supply link.

Found this one:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13874437-post8.html

Last edited by SS RRR; 10-14-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh I believe it's been done. What you are failing to understand is that it is bullshit to do it in most every application on this site. In the 15 years I've been involved with these engines I've never seen or heard someone suggest this. I've never seen or heard of any sort of engine failure because your epoxy/vent tube suggestion wasn't done. I have no idea how effective it is. It just puzzles me why you would suggest it while stating it's not for a street engine. As stated, for street applications the oiling system works just fine w/out having to modify or control anything. Only secret is to have a good windage tray.

This is a repeated trend for you. You get on here, make a dumb comment, get **** on and you lose your mind bitching about content. This place functions just fine without you. You don't own a LT1 engine. Like the fatboy, it's questionable if you've ever worked on one and you aren't interested in racing, so I'm not sure why you are even here.

I did?
I fully believe your car runs what it does. Please supply link.

Found this one:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/13874437-post8.html
I cant give you a link it was on that cluster f&*k Cammotion thread that got deleted.......whatever doesnt matter anyway
Old 10-14-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

Oh I believe it's been done. What you are failing to understand is that it is bullshit to do it in most every application on this site. In the 15 years I've been involved with these engines I've never seen or heard someone suggest this. I've never seen or heard of any sort of engine failure because your epoxy/vent tube suggestion wasn't done. I have no idea how effective it is. It just puzzles me why you would suggest it while stating it's not for a street engine. As stated, for street applications the oiling system works just fine w/out having to modify anything.

I'm sorry you haven't heard someone suggest controling oil drain back before.

Where did I say that his engine would fail if he didn't do it?

It puzzles me that you have no idea how effective it is or what the benefits are yet you want to start some internet bullshit stating I'm full of ****.

The OP was concerned that leaving the WP bearing hole open would somehow adversely effect his oil control by letting the oil drain back too fast to the front of the motor. I simply stated that if he was building an all out engine, he would actually want the oil to go the front of the engine and that if anything he would actually take steps to keep the oil from draining through the center of the valley as well because it drips down over the cam and crank.

This is a fairly common practice, I'm sure a search would yeild you some good reading material. You will probably find several vendors who sell plugs, epoxy and screens for it as well.

The only common link is you, I'm sorry you feel you have to police threads on LS1Tech to make sure the content is acceptable to you, maybe you should become a moderator and get paid for it.

I'm out.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
I cant give you a link it was on that cluster f&*k Cammotion thread that got deleted.......whatever doesnt matter anyway
I believe you have a case of mistaken identity. If I put down your combo in that thread it was only in jest. I don't remember doing so. Nothing you've done to your setup makes me question any of your results. Your **** is solid, son.

I'm sorry you haven't heard someone suggest controling oil drain back before.

Where did I say that his engine would fail if he didn't do it?

It puzzles me that you have no idea how effective it is or what the benefits are yet you want to start some internet bullshit stating I'm full of ****.

The OP was concerned that leaving the WP bearing hole open would somehow adversely effect his oil control by letting the oil drain back too fast to the front of the motor. I simply stated that if he was building an all out engine, he would actually want the oil to go the front of the engine and that if anything he would actually take steps to keep the oil from draining through the center of the valley as well because it drips down over the cam and crank.

This is a fairly common practice, I'm sure a search would yeild you some good reading material. You will probably find several vendors who sell plugs, epoxy and screens for it as well.

The only common link is you, I'm sorry you feel you have to police threads on LS1Tech to make sure the content is acceptable to you, maybe you should become a moderator and get paid for it.

I'm out.
As I said, it is not common practice nor is it necessary on most every setup that has graced these forums. I have no idea how effective it is because I've never had to do it nor have I seen anyone over the years say it was necessary on a LT1 engine. Oil drain back is a non issue so taking steps to control it are not necessary regardless of your "drips down the camshaft/crank..." theory. The only problem that has been apparent over the years are windage issues and as stated, the correct windage tray will remedy the situation. Perhaps it is you who should do a little more research before stating such things? Or you should let those who've done more than a cam change on a LT1 answer?
It's a pity you feel you've been "policed." All I did was question your motive, which is ridiculous and very poorly written. You get offended and backpeddle. Not my problem.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

As I said, it is not common practice nor is it necessary on most every setup that has graced these forums. I have no idea how effective it is because I've never had to do it nor have I seen anyone over the years say it was necessary on a LT1 engine. Oil drain back is a non issue so taking steps to control it are not necessary regardless of your "drips down the camshaft/crank..." theory. The only problem that has been apparent over the years are windage issues and as stated, the correct windage tray will remedy the situation. Perhaps it is you who should do a little more research before stating such things? Or you should let those who've done more than a cam change on a LT1 answer?
It's a pity you feel you've been "policed." All I did was question your motive, which is ridiculous and very poorly written. You get offended and backpeddle. Not my problem.
You never said it was not common practice, you said it was utterly retarded to do so. How has it gone from being utterly retarded to not common practice? Please quote where I said it was necessary and that his **** would blow up if he didn't do it.

Motive??? How can a motive be poorly written? Maybe you meant my facts are poorly written?

Please, continue back peddling and try not to trip over your previous posts anymore.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Village Troll

Since you feel the need to argue semantics, let's dissect this so hopefully you will understand:
You never said it was not common practice, you said it was utterly retarded to do so. How has it gone from being utterly retarded to not common practice?
It's not common practice to use your suggestion on most every combination in existence in the LT1 world. It is utterly retarded to suggest doing this when it isn't necessary for oil control and when you have no idea of the setup.
Please quote where I said it was necessary and that his **** would blow up if he didn't do it.
Never said that. What was questioned is why you would suggest this when you have no idea of the combination. Re-read, it's all there.
Motive??? How can a motive be poorly written? Maybe you meant my facts are poorly written?
No. Your subject matter, which is poorly written. The phrase "question your motive" is perfectly acceptable.
Please, continue back peddling and try not to trip over your previous posts anymore.
Anything else you want to try to divert away from the topic?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

I never said it was common practice on every LT1 setup, I said if he was going all out. My whole arguement was based on my first post where in the first words I said not that I think you are going all out, but if you were.......... I'm not sure why you continue to try and back pedal from you orginal stmt that it's an utterly retarded idea. Now you are trying to deflect that it not retarded anymore, but it's not necessary on most of the LT1 setups.

You did say that, you said that you've never seen or heard of an engine failure from someone not using oil restrictors. I asked you to quote where I said he has to use them or his **** will blow up. You can't because I didn't.

You said, All I did was question your motive, which is ridiculous and very poorly written. So again I ask you, how can a motive be poorly written?

I'm not diverting, my post is factually correct. You're the one who has a problem with it and look like an ******* because at the beginning of this thread you are trying to call me out and say the idea is utterly retarded and then after some research my post isn't utterly retarded anymore, it's simply too much information and not needed for this particular thread. Heaven forbid that someone doesn't come in and simply post "no, it's not needed."

I see that you've already gone into Gizmo's thread and **** on that one too, since he uses restrictors in his builds as well. He even says that on the first page, while he doesn't do it on street cars, he has noticed no ill effects of doing it on his race cars that would lead him to believe that it would hurt anything on a street engine. Are you now saying that Gizmo is full of **** too? Maybe he is why you are changing your story from it being utterly retarded to not necessary on a street car?
Old 10-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Village Troll

I never said it was common practice on every LT1 setup, I said if he was going all out. My whole arguement was based on my first post where in the first words I said not that I think you are going all out, but if you were.......... I'm not sure why you continue to try and back pedal from you orginal stmt that it's an utterly retarded idea. Now you are trying to deflect that it not retarded anymore, but it's not necessary on most of the LT1 setups.
I would encourage you to re-read what has been posted. It has been thoroughly explained.
You did say that, you said that you've never seen or heard of an engine failure from someone not using oil restrictors. I asked you to quote where I said he has to use them or his **** will blow up. You can't because I didn't.
And I haven't, meaning they are not necessary to control oil "front to back" as what you've claimed. It is obvious you are starting to get lost in your own argument. I would encourage you to re-read what has been posted. It has been thoroughly explained.
You said, All I did was question your motive, which is ridiculous and very poorly written. So again I ask you, how can a motive be poorly written?
Do I really have to teach you basic English now? The term "motive" can mean subject matter. Please look it up and educate yourself. I would encourage you to re-read what has been posted. It has been thoroughly explained.
I'm not diverting, my post is factually correct. You're the one who has a problem with it and look like an ******* because at the beginning of this thread you are trying to call me out and say the idea is utterly retarded and then after some research my post isn't utterly retarded anymore, it's simply too much information and not needed for this particular thread. Heaven forbid that someone doesn't come in and simply post "no, it's not needed."
It is utterly retarded to think it is necessary for oil control especially while it is being suggested where you don't know what the setup is going to be. You can try to sleuth this all day long, but I stand by what I say. You suggesting it is retarded when you don't know the combination and when there have never been any claims or documentation regarding LT1 top end oil control issues in the past which makes it an unnecessary step.
I see that you've already gone into Gizmo's thread and **** on that one too, since he uses restrictors in his builds as well. He even says that on the first page, while he doesn't do it on street cars, he has noticed no ill effects of doing it on his race cars that would lead him to believe that it would hurt anything on a street engine. Are you now saying that Gizmo is full of **** too? Maybe he is why you are changing your story from it being utterly retarded to not necessary on a street car?
That's funny. I've always thought GIZZY was full of **** in certain ways, but that's another story. Sticking to the original statement I still stand by in stating your suggestion is utterly retarded to suggest doing for oil control issues on most any setup in the LT1 world. And again I say, do your own research and you will find a LT1, even revving past 7000rpm will do just fine w/out the use of vent tubes.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey i got an idea. Who gives a ****.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by draggin97s10
Hey i got an idea. Who gives a ****.
Probably the best informed reply to this thread yet. I'm with you.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Resident

Wow, you filled up a whole post and yet said nothing. You even furthered you ignorance by posting that "motive" can mean subject matter. Keep digging Jr.

mo·tive   /ˈmoʊtɪv/ Show Spelled
[moh-tiv] Show IPA
noun, adjective, verb, -tived, -tiv·ing.
–noun
1. something that causes a person to act in a certain way, do a certain thing, etc.; incentive.
2. the goal or object of a person's actions: Her motive was revenge.
3. (in art, literature, and music) a motif.
–adjective
4. causing, or tending to cause, motion.
5. pertaining to motion.
6. prompting to action.
7. constituting a motive or motives.
–verb (used with object)
8. to motivate
Old 10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Probably the best informed reply to this thread yet. I'm with you.
Obviously you do because you just keep on diggin.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

guys, your bickering may have something to do with the op's question, but youve gotten so far of course in a pissing into the wind contest its amazing. now lets stop i think the op got enough info. can we all settle down and be friends now.

Quick Reply: Oil restrictor or don't worry about it