LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Winter Budget Build: 355ci AFR LE H/C

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 95mysticta
Update picked up an EWP and heading down to summit in the next couple weeks to pick up a new MSD cap n rotor kit, msd wires, ls7, lifters, and head gaskets! More pics as soon as the stuff starts coming in.
So much for waiting until after Christmas LOL!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old93camaro
and by the way i'm running 12:1 Cr and run 91 octane so it can be done
Not to mention that living 4k above sea level brings down your DCR.

-Dustin-
Old 03-04-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Update:

Been awhile since ive updated this thread so i figured i would add up some pics and tech. The top end was just completed this week after i had to wait untill i could afford to rebuild the heads to ready to drop on. The valve guides were worn out bad on a couple and what was supposed to be a valve job was not existent. So after i got the heads back i could finally progress and finish it off. So far its been alot of rebuilding what was supposed to be good and wasnt so set backs and costing more then intended slowed down the build. All thats left to do at this point in pick up a Ram Powergrip clutch kit, Zeitronix Wideband kit for A/F and RPM reference for optimum tunning, and a Fluid Damper if i can muscle more cash together. So far looking good and cant wait till spring time to pull out the car and swap the engine in and off for a dyno tune!

Old 03-05-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

finally looking like a motor again! come on summer!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95mysticta
finally looking like a motor again! come on summer!!!!
Looking very good. I think you will be happy you kept those heads. I love high compression engines, but I have also seen some great numbers out of very low compression motors with a decent cam and a set of awesome heads. I saw you mention gapping the rings for a little bit of spray. That will make the fact that your compression isn't that much higher than stock more of a bonus than a loss.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks! Despite all the hiccups that arrised in the build it came together nicely and i think it will perform great for the street and awesome at the strip with and without the jug. As you stated having a more concervative scr will be a good thing when i get around to putting a jug on it . I still think this combo is will break 400rwhp and have great driveabilty, pass emissions, cruise in 6th under 2k without issues, close to stock mpg. If all goes well im hoping to knock off an 11.9 pass when i get the engine and suspension dialed in with a half decent launch.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your goals are pretty convervative I'd say, you should be happy when it first fires up
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

11.9's are in the bag. Do you go to TMP?
Old 03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i ran for the first time at TMP last year... with a 220k mile stock motor and boltons with a dying stock clutch knocked off a 13.8 @ 103 with a 2.19 60'. Should be a blast dropping about two seconds off my 1/4!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

TMP is a very nice track. I raced there once back in 2006.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Might aswell make an update as im hoping to have the motor in next week and ready to fire up. Got my car home from storage on the weekend and got me home with a half fried opti and clutch lol. I have the engine dismantled ready to come out. Going to bring it to my buddys shop to drop the k with a hoist to make things alot eaiser. The new engine in ready to go i got a new set of rocker nuts as one somehow cracked and not sure how common that is but when i got the rockers and nuts used they were mismatched so rather then take the chance i got some new ones for reassurance. Picked up an arp crank hub bolt to go with the ati super damper. Im going to bring the engine back from the machine shop to my buddys place where i can put the intake and all the acc on it when i drop the stocker out. Really im just waiting on my clutch to show up in the mail ws6store.com been 2 weeks in the mail via usps and working on 3. Fingers crossed it shows up this week so i can get it to the shop and drop the sob out and get the new engine in!

Working on a base tune to get me started. I got a laptop with a full version tunercats, datamaster, and cables for both ports. I got a tune from mcvp2000 with the 383 black rx7 build in here. Same cam and has a conservative dyno tune on it. Ive been toying with it trying to make it closer to m build but with not a lot of time im not sure it will be ready and at the least i might just have to adjust my stockish tune for the bigger injectors and bump the idle up untill i have a proper tune which im working on. My tuners are extremely busy but im not worried as everyone is very anxious with the nice weather getting the cars out from the crap winter we had. Soon enough ill have it tuned and on the dyno/track for numbers to report back to you guys!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Another small update and no pictures yet but ill be sure to post up once everything is done and ready to go. I stripped the engine down as much as i could so all i have to do is get it on the hoist and unbolt the exhaust, ds, brake lines, and drop the some bitch out the bottom. Got the new engine together with all the acc on it and only issues so far is a used ati damper that didnt fit for a **** that was supposed to fit and was no near lined up with stock acc. The intake didnt line up properly cause the heads were milled down so a little massaging and everything was good. Car got towed to the shop on Friday and we should be making some progress sometime this week to get it dropped so i can pull everything apart and clean in and put everything back together so i can put the k frame back in it and get it fired. Got the fever and cant sleep lol... cant wait!

Quick Reply: Winter Budget Build: 355ci AFR LE H/C