LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TunerCAT .bin file Repository -- Search for bins , upload your own bins!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TunerCAT .bin file Repository -- Search for bins , upload your own bins!

Similar idea to the one found in the LS1 PCM section.

For instruction on how to save and import TunerCAT bin files please refer to:

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/tnr_manual.pdf Page 13 (for saving) and Page 31 (for importing)

You can upload the TunerCAT bin files at

http://www.4shared.com/
Or
http://www.filefront.com/upload.php

Or anywhere else you prefer. Make sure you give us some info on what setup you have and what your goal was with that specific calibration settings (gas mileage, FI, etc).

I will then download the files and put them all up on my server where everyone who has the link to it can access them, download, compare and improve the tuning settings.

I'd have uploaded mine but haven't done much on mine yet.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:19 AM
Staging Lane

Here's a lil something I found:

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/LT1Edit/LT1files.htm

I'm actually looking for a fuel economy tune and early fan turn on. Haven't found anything yet and don't exactly know how to it myself yet.

Last edited by AmirGTR; 10-18-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think most people don't share/trade their own .bins because every car is different in one way or another. At the same time, many .bins are NOT what they claim to be. Downloading a .bin from someone claiming it was programmed for XXX when in actuality it's YYY can cause some serious engine damage.

Not worth the risk, IMO. I'd rather pay to have it done the right way.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
I think most people don't share/trade their own .bins because every car is different in one way or another. At the same time, many .bins are NOT what they claim to be. Downloading a .bin from someone claiming it was programmed for XXX when in actuality it's YYY can cause some serious engine damage.

Not worth the risk, IMO. I'd rather pay to have it done the right way.
I see what you're saying, but that's when you're talking about extensive modification to the car as well as the engine. I seriously doubt a bin file designed for say, early fan turn-on, would harm the next guy's engine, provided they've have identical make and model.

The vin number of course has to be modified but apart from that...if people are careful enough and know what they're doing they should be fine.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AmirGTR
I see what you're saying, but that's when you're talking about extensive modification to the car as well as the engine. I seriously doubt a bin file designed for say, early fan turn-on, would harm the next guy's engine, provided they've have identical make and model.

The vin number of course has to be modified but apart from that...if people are careful enough and know what they're doing they should be fine.
On the other hand, most people that know what they are doing just program themselves if all they are looking for is early fan operation. And it is more than just make and model. Gear ratio and transmission type also needs to be taken into consideration.

Not many people download from Ben's page anymore for this reason. This was discussed on CZ28.com years ago.

Nice idea though.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
On the other hand, most people that know what they are doing just program themselves if all they are looking for is early fan operation. And it is more than just make and model. Gear ratio and transmission type also needs to be taken into consideration.

Not many people download from Ben's page anymore for this reason. This was discussed on CZ28.com years ago.

Nice idea though.
haha, good point. That said my goal was actually to allow people, including myself, to peak at each others numbers and take notes of what has worked for others. A direct file upload is a bad idea to begin with.

As for me, I'm a total beginner but I really want to learn these things by myself. A tune is pretty damn cheap but I really want to be a DIY kinda guy as much as possible.

So I have two questions:

1: How do I make the fans come on earlier?

2: I'm getting very poor gas mileage (14mpg city/highway). What tables do I specifically need to modify and what values should I put in? There are several AFR tables in the software, it's kinda confusing.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

I am not a tuner myself either, although I would love to get started. Here's a good link to get started:

http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/tips/

Quick Reply: TunerCAT .bin file Repository -- Search for bins , upload your own bins!