LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question for those who did LTTC/Delteq mod to lt1

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Question for those who did LTTC/Delteq mod to lt1

I was thinking about converting my 95 camaro z28 lt1 to indivual coil's like the ls1 style -- the deteq or LTTC mod I beleive it's called. Anyways is it a direct plug in play type deal... Cause I have a 383 stroker with a supercharger... Would I need to have a re-tune done again??? Also I'm currently running a crane fire ignition box -- does that get removed also?? or will that work with the coils??
Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You would not need a retune but for that application and the cost I would look at an LS computer swap.

Delteq is dead, LTCC is still around.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say anything about the LTTC since I don't have any experience with it. But I'm not a fan of the Delteq systems. My experience may not be accurate though because I ended up doing a rebuild based on all my problems. I also know a guy with an LT1 Vette though who is now going back to a stock type ignition after fighting with his Delteq for 2 years.

My problem with them is there are so few people running them that if there is a problem nobody knows how to help. No one has spare parts laying around to troubleshoot. I felt very alone when I started having trouble. With the stock system, when I have a problem, there are a dozen people who know what I'm talking about and have ideas/parts to help with.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me please. Stick with the optispark. If you get a good replacement ( not sure if ms ones are good ) they will last a long time and they're easy to swap. The ltcc looks ugly to me, it's expensive and does Nothing at all power wise. There are probably hundreds of 400+rwhp ltxs out there with a stock or gm opti.

I ditched mine for a rear distributor only because I'm running a gen7 DFI ECM and am spinning 8000 rpms. If i didn't go high rpm I would have stuck with a vented gm opti.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I will agree that a stock ignition is all most LT1 setups need BUT for a 600rwhp boosted motor I would be interested in things like 2-bar MAP and such that is more easily done with the LS computer.

Quick Reply: Question for those who did LTTC/Delteq mod to lt1