LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 swap 240sx?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MasPerformance
yeah, i don't get it other people seem to just throw these things in with a little tweeking i don't know why i have all these problems with there fitment.
You aren't the only one. I made mine from scratch from a box of header parts. You may want to look up Stans headers and just buy a pair of 3" collectors. You can just cut the tubes and reposition the new collector and make it work. Looks like you have room. The Flowmaster merge is a good choice.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1-xjs
You aren't the only one. I made mine from scratch from a box of header parts. You may want to look up Stans headers and just buy a pair of 3" collectors. You can just cut the tubes and reposition the new collector and make it work. Looks like you have room. The Flowmaster merge is a good choice.
i was going to make my own header. but then i saw all these people using the impala headers on there small block swaped 240's so i just bought them. if i had known i was going to have this many problems id have just made my own conventional style long tubes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was going to make my own header. but then i saw all these people using the impala headers on there small block swaped 240's so i just bought them. if i had known i was going to have this many problems id have just made my own conventional style long tubes
That really sucks man. I feel your pain. Worse comes to worse, just cut the collector off the header and reposition it out of the way. Im sure youll figure something out
Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Extending the collector 20" will give you the power of any long tube and alot easier at this point. You're almost done.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Teching In

looks like im going to cut the collector off and weld it back on at another angle. then use a 2 1/2 inch down tube to get around the steering shaft. then ill use my 2 vband flanges to terminate it. the impala headers are supposed to be long tubes, the runners are already about a foot and a half long. plus in order to extend the runners id have to order more tubing and it would not clear the steering as well ether. im on a thin line between trying to use parts i already have, because im becoming broke. and making it look as clean as possible with maximum clearance.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

worked on it all day today. got all the bs wires out of the chasis harness that i dont need anymorebut for some reason with the key on the tack goes to 2 grand and the winshield wipers keep going on and off. im thinking it may be a grounding issue, like maby a ground that used to go to the old 4 cylender through the old engine harness is gone or something, i wound up having to hack my starter to get it to fit over the rack and pinion, so it looks like im gona have to drop a fiew bills on a mean green tiny starter. but my hacked one should work in the mean time., looks like i also still have to figure out what the hell the wires on the alternator plug do and if i need them. and if i do what to conect them to.......
Old 12-29-2010, 09:39 PM

Hey am current doing the same swap. Am also in fl am in seminole county, Urs came out way better than mine though lol.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vicsrt407
Hey am current doing the same swap. Am also in fl am in seminole county, Urs came out way better than mine though lol.
thats pretty cool, are you doing fuel injection lt1?
Old 12-31-2010, 06:20 PM

thats pretty cool, are you doing fuel injection lt1?
Yea, I was working on it today and had a problem with the rack n pin. The wheels were stir8 but wen I put the engine in they faced outwards. I have a short video on utube. My user name is vicsrt407
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Teching In

had another pretty good Sunday, here's the updates.
i found the master cylinder i need. its on my truck...

started hacking on the hooker headers and found out how bad they are designed. they probably flow about as good as a briggs and stratton mufler before we went in there and cleaned them out of there flaws. take a look at what we found.
flange sticking a half inch into the colector
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5040658_n.jpg
"bird poop welds"

a large portion of tubeing protruding almost all the way through the colector blocking off 2 of the runners almost compleetly

luckly, we had to modify these anyhow. but i feel sorry for the guy who orders these for an ss impala. and wastes $400 on some junk.

heres with the changes made:
the new passenger side.

and part of the driver side. this took alot of work to make fit around the stereing shaft.

that will change in the future. ill probably buy a colector and redo this. but there is no buget left for a while so were having to make do with the parts we have for now.
the end result however less than ideal provides quality, and proper clearance from moving parts and heat sensitive parts.

now i just have to make the y pipe using my flowmaster merge colector.

alot of changes were made to the driver side header to make room for a master cylinder as well. here you can see one of the runners was bent forward to clear it.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Teching In

that was from a while ago ^, the fun stuff is over. iv just been doing alott of lame wireing. and frustrating things. the good news is the wireing is done.... i think. it started but runs like *** on old gass, no o2 sensors, no knock sensor, no IAT, and a tune for a stock cam and 22lb injectors that have not worked in 8 years. but it ran enough for me to know it might work lol...... i also have to try and figure out how to get these damn dakota digital boxes to freakin work right along with get the things installed that i mentioned are missing from the engine and get my radiator hoses hooked up...... after that im waiting on a drive shaft!!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Teching In

i need injectors badly. i tried using some ls1 injectors but they are a little to short... i might be stuck with ford SVO injectors
Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Teching In

drove the car, frikin thing has no traction at all till 4th gear. still need some tuning and defiantly going to need tome traction mods.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:07 AM
Teching In

Old 03-07-2011, 07:56 AM
11 Second Club

Looks good, Mine's in a 95 but had the same traction problems until I put slicks out back. Now it just has problems keeping the front end down at the track.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Aries
Looks good, Mine's in a 95 but had the same traction problems until I put slicks out back. Now it just has problems keeping the front end down at the track.
thas pretty cool. id like to check out youre set up out!
Old 03-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Teching In

this sucks, looks like a bunch of my pictures went away
Old 03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We got a green 240 at work with an ls1 glad to see someone did something different for a change
Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lawhead
We got a green 240 at work with an ls1 glad to see someone did something different for a change
i guess you work at space coast Honda?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Teching In

short night time driving video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnxWdrVyF4

Quick Reply: lt1 swap 240sx?