LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

anotheer Q about lts

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down anotheer Q about lts

i want to know what lt headers have the least issues with clearance or hitting on the driver side and what websites are good besides summit. and what can i do for a y pipe with cat thats cheap. any pics of your set ups would be cool.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fact is, every header install is different. Some people claim no clearance issues while others with the SAME headers have problems. But it seems as though Pacesetters have the least amount of problems, although are mild steel and 1 3/4" primaries. Stainless steel and stepped 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" primary headers are pretty big right now.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My jethots fit without any modifications.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

I was going to say Jet Hots as well. I think Hooker also makes a nice set. Not sure but i would assume the Kooks long tubes dont have any issues either.

Pacesetter and some ebay headers its hit and miss. My pacesetters had to be dented on the passenger side, most people have to dent them on the drivers side.

the condition of the car, unibody, motor mounts, trans mount, ride height im sure all have something to do with it.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trilkb
I was going to say Jet Hots as well. I think Hooker also makes a nice set. Not sure but i would assume the Kooks long tubes dont have any issues either.

Pacesetter and some ebay headers its hit and miss. My pacesetters had to be dented on the passenger side, most people have to dent them on the drivers side.

the condition of the car, unibody, motor mounts, trans mount, ride height im sure all have something to do with it.
I concur I put mine on in about 2 full days work with no problems. No denting, no hitting, no modding what so ever.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lethal bird
I concur I put mine on in about 2 full days work with no problems. No denting, no hitting, no modding what so ever.
My Hookers fit perfectly, no special modifications or custom work. Didn't even have to screw around with new engine mounts and the car had 90k miles on it when I put them on.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

my hookers fit really good, but with the car being lowered and a bunch of speed bumps onbase its not too fun to drive, other than that they are really good and spark plugs are fairly easy to change, takes about 45-60 minutes to chance and it took about 8 hours to take out the old LTs and install the hookers, ebay headers NOT so much, didn't like the fitment on those