LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My PCM got a nice bath today

Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My PCM got a nice bath today

So I've been having nothing but bad luck getting this car running... one problem after another, after another, after another. I finally got 90% of the problems solved, and went to tune the car. Well now my 02's aren't reading, and the car won't go into closed loop. Great.

I took a break from wrenching on the car to wash it for the first time since owning it. I finished up, dried the car, and went to start it. Car runs like crap, SES light comes on. GREAT Pop the hood to see if any water got in, couldn't really see any so I'm thinking WTF!?

Checked codes (with paperclip) and got 46 and 51 - Passkey II circuit and EEPROM programming error. I pulled the computer out, took the cover off, and tipped it to the side.......

*Splash*

ABOUT HALF A CUP OF WATER CAME OUT OF MY ******* PCM. WHAT THE HELL. So now I'm sitting here with a blow dryer hoping to god my computer isn't fried, trying to dry it out. This is a 93 z28 by the way.

I'm about to light a match
Old 11-17-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Does your car still have a cowl panel? That shouldnt be happening
Old 11-17-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRAYED Z
Does your car still have a cowl panel? That shouldnt be happening
+1, I've washed my 93 eleventy billion times and even with the 3" cowl I have NEVER had water end up anywhere near the computer. Check your cowl seals.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Banned

Yeah I'm going to have to check that out. I let the pcm dry out with a fan blowing on it, and it seems to still be good. Car fired up right away. Let's pray it doesn't crap out lol.

Search this Thread