LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

O2 Question - NGK?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default O2 Question - NGK?

Guys,

I haven't found any threads on the NGK 02's yet but I thought I'd ask. I'll be replacing my headers in a couple of weeks and will use my current Boshs' to break em' in as the ceramic burn off will probably kill them. I spoke to my local Adavance AP store as I am good friends with the manager and have a commercial account with them for discounts. He informed me that NGK as recently purchased by GM/AC Delco and not they are installing NGK sparkplugs and O2 sensors on new GM vehicles from the factory. If you look at the NGK O2 sensor it is an exact copy of the AC delco design and carries the same warranty as the AC Delco as well at a fraction of the price. I can get them locally for $40 a piece with my discount and they list for only $50 a piece. Has anyone run them or had any experience with them?

NGK O2 Sensor - Part #21006
Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm currently using them in my Pacesetter painted LT's....they work fine in my 93 no complaints...I don't even remember what I paid for them when I got them form summit with a bunch of other stuff...been going fine for the past few months tho...
Old 11-19-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running some NGK's burned off the Bosch crap and not a problem since installing them. I've run VERY rich from time to time and they correct it without a hitch. while I've had other brands go bad within a week or two, these are holding up for almost a year now.

sparkplugs.com has them for cheaper than dirt

Quick Reply: O2 Question - NGK?