LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Whats your custom true duals setup like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
You can fit dual 3 inch over the axle with no relocation kit if you find a good enough shop. 2.5 inch should be no problem for any shop
Yeah i actually PM'd you earlier. I'll see what my local shop says when i take it to them Tuesday. Did you figure out what you're going to do with yours?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im doing 3 inch metallic cats, x pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers and either over or under the axle. Id have to go over the driver/passenger side. IF the price difference isnt much different ill go over, but im not too worried about going under the axle. Southern california isnt exactly full of rough roads and the ones that are I dont go on.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my 2.5" duals over the passengers side without a PHB relocation bar, but it does touch a little bit on bigger bumps. I also have a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler and 2OTL tips, x pipe, hooker LTs. I love the way it looks but don't care for the sound between shifts so I'm changing my setup before spring.

The new setup will be stainless headers, 3" flowmaster d-merdge x pipe, mufflers mounted where the rear seat pans used to be, 3" over the axle one pipe on each side, relocated fuel lines, brake lines, and fuel pump harness, hidden exhaust tips (its a camaro your not suppose to see any tips )

I agree that under the axle shouldn't be an option, I really don't like that setup and I hate how it looks from the rear view of the car. Go over the axle or dump it at the axle if you can deal with the drone and the extra fumes.

BTW my old setup is for sale PM me, shameless I know but I need it gone
Old 12-27-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I have my 2.5" duals over the passengers side without a PHB relocation bar, but it does touch a little bit on bigger bumps. I also have a dual in dual out magnaflow muffler and 2OTL tips, x pipe, hooker LTs. I love the way it looks but don't care for the sound between shifts so I'm changing my setup before spring.

The new setup will be stainless headers, 3" flowmaster d-merdge x pipe, mufflers mounted where the rear seat pans used to be, 3" over the axle one pipe on each side, relocated fuel lines, brake lines, and fuel pump harness, hidden exhaust tips (its a camaro your not suppose to see any tips )

I agree that under the axle shouldn't be an option, I really don't like that setup and I hate how it looks from the rear view of the car. Go over the axle or dump it at the axle if you can deal with the drone and the extra fumes.

BTW my old setup is for sale PM me, shameless I know but I need it gone
You mean your over the axle setup? Id have to mod it a little bit because mines a TA and id like it to come out the bumper
Old 12-27-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by l 95 Trans Am l
You mean your over the axle setup? Id have to mod it a little bit because mines a TA and id like it to come out the bumper
I hear that. I don't like seeing tips on a camaro, but the 2OTL tips look really good IMO

If I had a TA I would get corsa clones, they look sick and fill the opening perfectly
Old 12-27-2010, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Question

I live in Missouri,I guess the roads are bad here. because I had 3in dumped at axle with hooker maxflos and couldnt stand the ground clearance and the insane amount drone at idle. so I switched to under the axle, gained a hair of clearance. drone went away and was nice, but I would feel/hear vibrations if I would stretch the suspension. Now I'm back to dumped again. Hate the clearance and the drone is awful. And i didnt want to pay for tds over the axle. So now im going back to a y pipe setup and tucking it extremely up. Clearance is my goal though. I will probably miss the sound of the tds though.. just my two cents.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Turnin20s
I hear that. I don't like seeing tips on a camaro, but the 2OTL tips look really good IMO

If I had a TA I would get corsa clones, they look sick and fill the opening perfectly
You read my mind man, those are the tips im getting when i do my exhaust. Because they fill in the bumper cutouts perfectly. Right now i have my 3.5" magnaflow tips which look good but id much rather corsa style tips
Old 12-28-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by l 95 Trans Am l
Id like to have the borla XR1 mufflers before they come out of the bumper. I almost feel wrong running exhaust under the axle. Is it real noticable when someones behind you?
The only noticable part is the mufflers hanging low but i think it looks good from behind .
Old 12-28-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ocala93TA
The only noticable part is the mufflers hanging low but i think it looks good from behind .
I actually changed my mind I'm going to get the Flowmaster Super 10 series mufflers like this one.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLO-842515/
Anyone have these?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally hate the 10 series Flowmasters, there area few people running them though that are happy with them
Old 12-29-2010, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

10 series are awesome mufflers. But I think mufflers are overrated

Quick Reply: Whats your custom true duals setup like?