LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Had Enough of these Electrical issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Had Enough of these Electrical issues!

ok i have had enough of my electrical issues, i have decieded after dealing 2 1/2 years with this BS to go with a carb setup. Now this is coming for a guy who doesnt know DICK about carb setups. So, LS1tech please help me out.

I know i need to change a few things, here is my list:
- Looking for a good Carb (dunno brand Any Suggestions)
- Need a Manafiold
- Need a Timing Cover to get rid of opti (were do i find this)
- Need a Good Distubotor (any suggestions)
- Need new wires
- Electronic Water Pump

anything else i need (ie. Fuel Pump or something else?

Also what size carb is reccomened for a build 383 ?

Here is the kicker I have a great warbird hood, im finding out that the carb might not fit under it. Anyfix to that, is there a shorter carb or maybe shorter manfiold.

I will trade straight up for my Injection system for a carb setup. I will also sell my Injection setup if anyone is intrested. here is the list and im willing to ship. This is a lil added bonus to the LT1 guys on here.

Ford SVO 42LBS Injectors - $200
LT1 Ported Manafiold modded for a 58MM TB - $250
BBK 58MM TB - $150
Fuel Rails - $25 bucks or free with injectors. Comes with Clips
I have 3 new GM optis - $100 bucks ea
I have 2 New ICM - $25 ea
New Waterpump - 50.00
2 Brand New Computers (1 has knock sensor in it) - $175 Each

im sure there is more to that list im missing but its a start for now.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's wrong with your EFI that you can't figure out?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

its jumping from no spark to no fuel.
I have checked out everything that anyone could suggest. I feel that its something to do with the Th400 swap and nuetral saftey switch but im really aggervated by it at this point.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Ill take the bbk TB! 150 shipped.

On another note I think you can use the stock timing cover and water pump. Someone makes a plug for the opti hole that doubles as a timing pointer. Don't rember who though. Demon 750 or Holley 750 HP should do the trick for a Carb. Mechanical secondary is recommended if your going to spray it
Old 01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

if you one of the optis by the end of the month ill buy one from you
Old 01-10-2011, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fazz73jr
Ill take the bbk TB! 150 shipped.

On another note I think you can use the stock timing cover and water pump. Someone makes a plug for the opti hole that doubles as a timing pointer. Don't rember who though. Demon 750 or Holley 750 HP should do the trick for a Carb. Mechanical secondary is recommended if your going to spray it
not going to spary it, so demon or holley is the way to go. Do you or anyone have a part number or link to the correct one for a LT1.

Also i can do $175 shipped BBK TB to CA not 150.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96azz28
if you one of the optis by the end of the month ill buy one from you
contact me then, i probally will.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Next level
not going to spary it, so demon or holley is the way to go. Do you or anyone have a part number or link to the correct one for a LT1.

Also i can do $175 shipped BBK TB to CA not 150.
It would be just a standard 4150 square bore Carb. Nothing specific for lt1, its the intake manifold that's lt1 specific. I know GM performance parts makes a lt1 Carb manifold. But maybe too small if you got a built motor. You can do a coversion for a tradional sbc manifold if the gmpp is to small. What are your engine specs?

Also I'm a fan of msd pro billet distributors. I run one on my Nova along with a msd digital 6 ignition box, msd blaster coil, and msd wires. Never any problems and the rev limiters, and retard setting on the box are nice. Check out summit racing for a Gen 1 SBC kit. If you don't want to spend the money on the digital 6 box you can also get the ready to run version of the pro billet distributor.

Can you pm some pics of the bbk? Also pm me your PayPal.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fazz73jr
It would be just a standard 4150 square bore Carb. Nothing specific for lt1, its the intake manifold that's lt1 specific. I know GM performance parts makes a lt1 Carb manifold. But maybe too small if you got a built motor. You can do a coversion for a tradional sbc manifold if the gmpp is to small. What are your engine specs?

Also I'm a fan of msd pro billet distributors. I run one on my Nova along with a msd digital 6 ignition box, msd blaster coil, and msd wires. Never any problems and the rev limiters, and retard setting on the box are nice. Check out summit racing for a Gen 1 SBC kit. If you don't want to spend the money on the digital 6 box you can also get the ready to run version of the pro billet distributor.

Can you pm some pics of the bbk? Also pm me your PayPal.
thanks you have a PM
Old 01-15-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, you will need:
1- good 750-850cfm Holley carb. $500+
2- Racecar/ streetcar? converter size and gear ratio. Edelbrock $250
3- You don't need a new timing cover, either buy the part from GM or have someone weld up your timing cover and buy a cheap pointer ($8-$10).
4. Distributor and wires can go from a new $150 HEI distributor/wires to whatever you want to spend.
5. CSR or Meziere are your 2 best choices for LT1 electric waterpumps not electronic. $225-$250

Then you will need to find a fuel pressure regulator to drop down to 6-7psi for the carb or you could just run small fuel cell up front with a $125 Holley blue fuel pump and regulator for a carb setup. I would like to buy your injectors, fuelrails and maybe one of your optis for a friends car I am working on. I have a good Holley 750-800cfm carb and fuel system if you maybe interested in some trading? LMK Later Clint
Old 01-16-2011, 03:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/ALT1
Ok, you will need:
1- good 750-850cfm Holley carb. $500+
2- Racecar/ streetcar? converter size and gear ratio. Edelbrock $250
3- You don't need a new timing cover, either buy the part from GM or have someone weld up your timing cover and buy a cheap pointer ($8-$10).
4. Distributor and wires can go from a new $150 HEI distributor/wires to whatever you want to spend.
5. CSR or Meziere are your 2 best choices for LT1 electric waterpumps not electronic. $225-$250

Then you will need to find a fuel pressure regulator to drop down to 6-7psi for the carb or you could just run small fuel cell up front with a $125 Holley blue fuel pump and regulator for a carb setup. I would like to buy your injectors, fuelrails and maybe one of your optis for a friends car I am working on. I have a good Holley 750-800cfm carb and fuel system if you maybe interested in some trading? LMK Later Clint

Clint you have a PM, let me know what you think.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
12 Second Club

anyone know how to fix me hood issue. I really dont wanna get rid of my warbird hood and the carb doesnt look like its gonna fit under it. do i have to go with a cowl hood ?