LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Murdered out Formula... MAKING THE CHANGE!!! Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditch the tinted tail lights and get some grids or honeycombs.
Wetsand/remove the decal on the filler panel
Rear PONTIAC fill-in
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^that plus either polish up those tips or put on some diff ones. Didnt you get some b&b tips?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Should I Ditch the LT1 badges and get some "Formula" door emblems from a 98-02? I would probably get them chromed?

Whatcha think?

Heres a pic I took today a front/side view...
Attached Thumbnails Murdered out Formula... MAKING THE CHANGE!!! Part 2-img00197-20110124-1430.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
Ditch the tinted tail lights and get some grids or honeycombs.
Wetsand/remove the decal on the filler panel
Rear PONTIAC fill-in
IDK, i feel like untinted tails would throw it off. I like the all black with just enough chrome.

Originally Posted by Verz
^^^that plus either polish up those tips or put on some diff ones. Didnt you get some b&b tips?
I did get B&B's but they were too big, So I Sold them... I want to get my tips chromed.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Thats cool if chrome and black is your thing. Check out emblempros's polished stainless, it's basically a mirror finish . I'd get the formula badges for the doors in that along with the rear pontiac fill in, that'd be a great way to break up the black.

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/415
http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1340

I'd start there and move slowly from there if you feel you need to, you don't want "too much of a good thing." There's a point where accents start to look tacky.

Also, with the last pic you posted the front looks super simple with all the black. I'd vote for some clear or amber corners to break it up.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats cool if chrome and black is your thing. Check out emblempros's polished stainless, it's basically a mirror finish . I'd get the formula badges for the doors in that along with the rear pontiac fill in, that'd be a great way to break up the black.

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/415
http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/1340

I'd start there and move slowly from there if you feel you need to, you don't want "too much of a good thing." There's a point where accents start to look tacky.

Also, with the last pic you posted the front looks super simple with all the black. I'd vote for some clear or amber corners to break it up.
Holy ****, 75.00 for overlays!!!

Are those fill in's vinyl or....?

I think the Clear Corners would throw it off :/
Old 01-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Launching!

hey thats my old car!!! sold it back in august. and i sorta liked the sticker and put it on there month before i sold it. i got sick of everyone calling it a TA. because a formula is more rare and cooler duh...
Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96formulabird
hey thats my old car!!! sold it back in august. and i sorta liked the sticker and put it on there month before i sold it. i got sick of everyone calling it a TA. because a formula is more rare and cooler duh...
DUDE, ******* TELL ME ABOUT IT...

All I hear is, "Run me in your Trans Am", "Nice Trans Am", "Why does your Trans Am look different than his".... ITS A GOD DAMN FORMULA!!! LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak123
DUDE, ******* TELL ME ABOUT IT...

All I hear is, "Run me in your Trans Am", "Nice Trans Am", "Why does your Trans Am look different than his".... ITS A GOD DAMN FORMULA!!! LOL
yeh it got old real quick. man id love to see my old car. heard guy i sold it too blew it up tho?? so u got it back on the road glad to see. it had everything done to it when i sold it except tint, hood, and 4.10's. how u like it. i regret selling that car everyday now man it sucks. had it for 4 years before i sold it
Old 01-24-2011, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

And to think I was gonna suggest putting a Trans Am spoiler on the back, till the Run Your Trans Am comment. Formies always get the short end of the stick. My biggest gripe of the uneducated who thought my Trans Am was a Camaro, not an insult totally, but there is a difference. I think the blacked out, or kinda smoked newer style 98-02 trans am tail lights where the best of all the years myself.The chrome wheels look great, and sorta smoothed out look, but sinister black body make it simple and effective to scaring all those lil Ricers.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Transamthunder
And to think I was gonna suggest putting a Trans Am spoiler on the back, till the Run Your Trans Am comment. Formies always get the short end of the stick. My biggest gripe of the uneducated who thought my Trans Am was a Camaro, not an insult totally, but there is a difference. I think the blacked out, or kinda smoked newer style 98-02 trans am tail lights where the best of all the years myself.The chrome wheels look great, and sorta smoothed out look, but sinister black body make it simple and effective to scaring all those lil Ricers.
True that. I get the "Nice camaro" alot too, God damnit, it looks nothing like a camaro, LOL!

Yeah I like the chrome on black... I'm going to purchase some "Formula" Door emblems and get chrome overlays, I think that'll look real good.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Holy ****, 75.00 for overlays!!!

Are those fill in's vinyl or....?

I think the Clear Corners would throw it off :/
No, they are not vinyl. They are full blown emblems, not cheap junky looking decals. They are made of stainless steel. Shoot me a PM with yur cell number if you want, and I can text you a pic of the ones on my car (i have white PONTIAC letters). They look great and you won't regret it.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, they are not vinyl. They are full blown emblems, not cheap junky looking decals. They are made of stainless steel. Shoot me a PM with yur cell number if you want, and I can text you a pic of the ones on my car (i have white PONTIAC letters). They look great and you won't regret it.
I will send you a PM... What about the door emblems? Are those decals?
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 AM
TECH Junkie

I will send you a PM... What about the door emblems? Are those decals?
I know I already answered this in texts earlier, but just wanted to answer for anybody else who reads the thread.

Emblempros doesn't make or sell decals at all. They only make emblems. The overlays for the doors are $75, yes, but thats for both sides and they are perfectly laser cut.

I currently have 4th circle designs decals on my formula door badges, but they don't match up 100% perfect to the letters, fine quality for the money, but you get what you pay for.

As far as the rear "PONTIAC" fill in, I've done several fbody's with the cheap fill in decals. Since the letters are so skinny to begin with, it's hard to see many of the decal sets from a distance. I hear convos like this all the time (between people who are constantly around the car!):

Observer:"Oh, when did you get the PONTIAC decal for your car?"
Owner: "2 years ago."
Observer:"Oh, never noticed it."

The emblempros insert for the rear letters fill it out much better, and definately get noticed immediately. Just my .02
Old 01-25-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should I Ditch the LT1 badges and get some "Formula" door emblems. I would probably get them chromed
yes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Also, (I may be wrong on what exactly is going on here-hard to tll from the pic) but your passenger side headlight cover should be adjusted to be more flush with the hood.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

the car is looking good. you plan on taking it to the track this spring
Old 01-25-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, (I may be wrong on what exactly is going on here-hard to tll from the pic) but your passenger side headlight cover should be adjusted to be more flush with the hood.
Yeah, I think I mentioned in my OP, My car was in a front end accident so the hood doesnt not fit right... i have to take it to a body shop and have them fix it.

Originally Posted by 01BlackCamaroSS
the car is looking good. you plan on taking it to the track this spring
Thanks Dustin... Yeah I'll prob take it to 75/80... Your car gonna be running in the spring?

Originally Posted by pillarpod
yes
Already purchased
Old 01-25-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Regular

I also want to do the formula door badge, I have a black car also, but for the decals I'm thinking of doing gold and black, like the old school trans ams.

This is a reall cool website:

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

I'm definatlly going to get a few decals, like the bird in between the taillights, but having it say formula instead of trans am or firebird
Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idformula
I also want to do the formula door badge, I have a black car also, but for the decals I'm thinking of doing gold and black, like the old school trans ams.

This is a reall cool website:

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm

I'm definatlly going to get a few decals, like the bird in between the taillights, but having it say formula instead of trans am or firebird
I'm getting the bird with "Formula" above also, But I'm going with Flat black for mine.

Quick Reply: Murdered out Formula... MAKING THE CHANGE!!! Part 2