LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

BRE Cam

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is one of my all time favorite posts about Bert. I made this post in response to Bert calling me a liar and claiming that I was on a high horse with my posts on Hardcorels1. It was made in 2009 so a few more years have passed, but the section about moving to new forums and then getting banned shortly after has just continued.

You gave it a good shot trying to portray me as a hypocrite or a liar, but remember that I am perched high enough on my horse to see the timeline of your existence in the automotive community.

It goes something like this:
* Bert starts working at his dads machine shop
* Begins porting throttle bodies
* Sells them online without paying sponsor fees
* Creates a website to sell them from and is a supporting member for a short time
* Extensive knowledge of porting throttle bodies spurs idea to provide other parts
* (Sometime around here you must have gotten a comp cams lobe guide and desktop dyno)
* Bert is associated with his first customer (some 383 that dyno'd 420-30)
* A very long thread takes place where Bert claims to be master of all things automotive based on the 383
* Bert begins posting everywhere professing his greatness
* Bert joins LS1tech to branch out from LT1s
* People get annoyed with his antics and call him out
* Bert convinces small Texas shop to start providing cams over other established people
* People begin to dyno well...but durability issues loom
* Sh*t starts breaking and people are getting tired of the antics
* Banned from multiple forums
* Dropped from providing cams to small shop...now does it himself

I think that is pretty complete. It encompasses about the last 5 years and I assume most of your online time. I started getting on your **** around the time you started claiming to be the greatest with no proof.

REMEMBER: You started this with all your claims to fame. I have been around the online F-body scene longer than you (since 01/02 under a different name) and remember where you started this drama. You go out of your way to attack and belittle anyone and everything that isn't BRE friendly. You are not an expert and you did in fact learn on other people's dollar.
I do miss Bert from time to time for the sole reason that I loved responding to him especially when he would brag about his 149 IQ as a defense mechanism.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder how many freebie cams/springs the small shop in TX that misplaced his trust in Bert had to give away to folks after the carnage began. Several guys have admitted that much too me in PMs.

Even his glory cars are unimpressive when you look at just how much went into them, low 10s NA is not impressive when you spent 1.5times as much on the motor as someone else who went 9.5 in a similar weight car. It is proof of incompetence but the feeble minded just see the ET not the over the top effort it took which makes it mediocre.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...ast/index.html I know he likes when people bring this up.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel sorry for someone that has to lie to this extent.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Which is probably why you are ignorant to the situation. You clearly do not understand, and I'm afraid, like many other times I've tried, you are too dense to get it. One more time and then I will have to call it a wash- I have read those statements that I linked many times regarding Bert's work. Especially the 'over cammed/lack of valvespring' comments. That's all. No super secret decoder ring needed. No reason for you to get tilted and cry.
I have read this entire thread with an open mind. I have not judged either way, but this thread certainly makes a case AGAINST him.

Now back to you being a bitter old man.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Village Troll

Received 538 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
yet, folks will still defend this guy, despite the proof that he is a hack, a bullshitter who's been called out and a sycophant who parrots technical truths from others.
Yes. Especially when called out to back up his alleged genius and the only thing he could do is revert to personal attacks.
Originally Posted by Tireburnin
I do miss Bert from time to time for the sole reason that I loved responding to him especially when he would brag about his 149 IQ as a defense mechanism.
... or the 9 years of Rugby he played when he'd mouth off about knocking people out from behind his keyboard. What a hero!
Originally Posted by noice
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/eng...ast/index.html I know he likes when people bring this up.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

also don't forget about the BBB complaint filed against him and he did not have a business license for BRE last time i checked. i checked that back in 07 or 08.

LSWHO, whats the email for that paypal account to help out gregrob lol
Old 01-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

My BRE cam seems to work fine?
Old 01-30-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, clearly it doesn't. The internet said so. Get back in your haters hole and hate!
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by noice
I dealt with Brett Bauer once, I go into detail about that experience below. Him and his father are/were on hardcorels1. He was banned off of there, I don't know why but it was probably drama. He definitely carries a way elitist attitude that gets old really quick.

Anyways on to my one interaction with Brett Bauer, it was me and my brother who is also a member on this site, he might chime in, he might not. We wanted a camshaft from him and some ported stock heads, 8 months later we got a camshaft, "ported" Dart Pro 1s, and a heavily ported/modified intake manifold. Probably 1 month of the delays was due to us getting an custom intake manifold that was set up for canfield heads and turned out wasn't going to work.

He had the money for the assembled heads and camshaft for 8 months. The intake money came later when he asked for it.

Cylinder Heads: The Dart Pro 1s I got were nice but they seemed to be assembled by Dart, 2.055 Intake valve and some beehive springs which I believe is an option Dart provides. However he also said that they were ported sadly this was untrue. I had the heads flowed by a local shop near my that I trust on a SuperFlow-1020 bench. They showed no gain over stock Dart Pro 1s. I then spent money to have them ported by a local guy who does this for a living and the put them back on the same SuperFlow-1020 bench, large gains everywhere. I have the sheets with me, I'll take a cell phone picture and upload them because without data it is all bullshit internet talk.

Intake manifold: This piece looked great, I can post some pictures, the stock one had the top cut off and was ported and injector locations were changed. This work I don't believe was done by Brett, I believe he told me he had a local guy near him do it. I overpaid heavily for it.
I'll take over from my brother.

05-21-2008 Motor snapped a wrist pin
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/PIC-0056.jpg
Took it to a shop and had them look at it since I knew it was hurt.
Put down a few grand for the heads about a month later.

05-19-2009
After having the wrong set ported Brett sends out the Dart Pro 1's the arrive sometime after this date. They are 180cc Pro 1 castings with PAC springs.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/PIC-0225.jpg
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/DSC03818.jpg
http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/DSC03820.jpg

06-12-2009
Finally get the intake.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/DSC03877.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/DSC03866.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/DSC03872.jpg
I had originally bought a intake off someone and it turned out to be a pos, at least Brett talked me out of using it. Its the POS intake in the middle.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...3/DSC03883.jpg

06-23-2009
First start of the new motor.

The heads and rotating assembly were bought thru Brett, as well as a pro gear set. The parts weren't bad it was the wait and lack of communication that pissed me off. I never directly spoke to him, I had to use a sort of proxy. I was in my last year of my enlistment, so I needed this thing to be done so I could go home. I burned through 2 month of terminal getting this thing finished so I could gtfo of NC. I had this motor in for around a year and it was always leaking oil, so I pulled the motor and had everything looked at. I found a score in a cylinder wall and my timing chain was shot. Built a 396 out of a vette block and had the heads worked over by a man in a wheel chair. The Dart Pro 1's I have were ported, but not much. Apparently Brett likes to media blast the heads so you can't tell how much porting has really been done. They weren't bad, but a bit pricey. The cam isn't too bad either(but I could be full of ****, works well on the street and isn't an all out top end cam). The only part that I was pleased with was the intake, but it should be for the price that I paid.

I learned two things,
1. Don't buy people used ****.
2. Don't expect anyone to be on time.

Here is a link to the build thread.
http://z28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121502

Last edited by fex77k; 01-30-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

wow i actually started a thread where people are talking on it....
Old 01-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by 94LS1B4C
wow i actually started a thread where people are talking on it....
This is the feel good thread of the week. Thanks for posting it up.

Originally Posted by jasonisdn
LSWHO, whats the email for that paypal account to help out gregrob lol
I'm wondering if LSWHO is asking for his rate so he can offer his services?

Last edited by SS RRR; 01-30-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I'm wondering if LSWHO is asking for his rate so he can offer his services?
Maybe bre offers valvespring swap services?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Its always the same groups of guys who are so quick to jump on the hate band wagon.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss rrr
lulz!!!!!!111
Old 01-31-2011, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
No, clearly it doesn't. The internet said so. Get back in your haters hole and hate!
Post of the year. Love it!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Its always the same groups of guys who are so quick to jump on the hate band wagon.
Well the unhappy customers are always new. What is the same are the people who paid too much for something and therefore will defend to the end so they don't feel stupid
Old 08-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Village Troll

Oh hai! This thread again.
I didn't even see this in the thread I posted up, but... wow.
Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
So ZZ4 GTA how do you suggest that we prevent valve bounce? (hint: it's not going to happen)
How about using lobes on a hyd. roller cam that don't require a solid roller spring? I dunno..

Quick Reply: BRE Cam