LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil pump drive mods...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I made my own plate with a piece of scrap steel and a longer bolt. Cost less than a $1. You guys talking about the torque spec make me laugh who the hell pulls out the tq wrench for that? Do you tq your spark plugs too!!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flame
You guys talking about the torque spec make me laugh who the hell pulls out the tq wrench for that? Do you tq your spark plugs too!!
You wouldn't want to properly torque a piece of brittle composite plastic that could cost you your engine??? Spark plugs are easily done by feel - hand tighten to the washer, then an extra 1/2 turn.

Seriously, how long does it take to do the job right? Its an extra 2 minutes tops that could save an expensive engine.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Puck
You wouldn't want to properly torque a piece of brittle composite plastic that could cost you your engine??? Spark plugs are easily done by feel - hand tighten to the washer, then an extra 1/2 turn.

Seriously, how long does it take to do the job right? Its an extra 2 minutes tops that could save an expensive engine.
Loctite and snug it up...........most peoples tq wrenches are only accurate to +-5ft/lbs anyways. The ones I've seen don't crack around the bolt hole anyways.

Quick Reply: Oil pump drive mods...