LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

stock bottom LE2 cc306 and 5psi?? hp est

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96TransAmboosted
Im going to be installing a stock short block with LE2 heads and a new cc306 cam with 1.6rr. What RWHP range should this combo yeild?

And i also will be installing a sts t67 turbo with a 5 or 7 psi spring, how much rwhp will the turbo add to the motor?

Is 36lbhr injecters going to work with a walbro 255 and a hotwire kit?
i think i may have a booster pump from an old nitrous kit already, but i need to double check still.

I know its hard to tell what the numbers will be a just wanted a close area to guess, can i make over 415rwhp with LE2 and cc306 and add the sts and be over 500rwhp? It will have an low mount alt and thats it,36lb injectors,long tube headers and y pipe 3 to feed sts,msd digital 6 and msd coil and wires to feed spark, stock water pump!!!!!

Also what length and kind of pushrods should i use? thanks so much for any responces

1) First, STOP. Open your mind. You come on here asking for suggestions, then people tell you that you don't have the best design going on. Don't flame them or get pissed for making GOOD suggestions. We're all here to support each other, and those in the know are wanting you to get the best power for your hard-earned money.

2) The LE2 with the CC306 MIGHT make you 415 rwhp, but that would be backed up with a beefy clutch and better geared rear end, or if you're auto (didn't check your sig or anything), a higher stall and better geared rear are in order. If you're just building up the motor with no other driveline upgrades planned, you'll struggle.

3) Even at 5-7 psi, you'll do damage to a stock bottom end. Not all at once (like boosting 10 psi for example, instant boom), but over time. You leave it completely up to chance as to how long the motor will last. If you get 5000 miles out of it before it goes, it will be a pleasant surprise.

4) 36# injectors are too small. You'd even be pushing it with 42's.

5) Over 500 RWHP on 5 psi is a bit optimistic. I'm FULLY built with 15 psi...and I make 648. Really not a far cry from 500, and my setup is far more advanced.

6) The 306 is not the most ideal cam for the setup. It will run, but not ideal. It's suggested that any turbo cam is on a 114 LSA or higher.

7) If you decide to stick with the 306, 36# injectors, stock bottom end, no other driveline upgrades, here's your situation: Spent lots of money to have a fragile, unsure setup that won't make your power goal.

Spend a bit more, listen to people, and do it right. You'll be MUCH happier.

And hide ya husbands 'cause they rapin' everybody out here.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not mad at anyone, i just asked simple ? that went all over the place.

My tranny is a custom built 4l60e that has already handled over 500rwhp and has since been refreshed. 2800 or 3k stall with a b&m tranny cooler

Rear end is a eaton true locker posi with moser axles and 4.10 gears with a girdle by TA.

Becool radiator.goodyear hoses

Now to the how long the short block will last and i should build it first ect. Well i can get short blocks for 300 -500 bucks. vs building a forged bottom end 3000+. I already stated 2 times i already have the cc306 and i plan on trying 2 othere cams out as well.

Qc9712 thanks for the input on injector size along with the others who mentioned 42lbs, i miss typed what i ment to ask about 36lb being good enough for LE2 heads and 306cc. i was unsure of the power this combo would make so i was not sure if these were big enough. if i boost fuel pressure up to say 60psi and a tune to go with will that be good for unboosted/boosted?

As for a power goal i dont have one, im just testing diffrent parts and combos out first hand to see what i like and dont,over the next year while i plan what to do with the extra lt1 blocks i have. a built bottom end will happen but not now thats why i plain on low boost and to keep it around 500hp till then.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pushing 42 lb injectors at 60 psi won't get you a whole lot more fuel..maybe 46 lbs if you're lucky. Pushing anything more than stock fuel pressure isn't the greatest idea either.
I'd be going with 50-60 lb injectors. Like I said, I'm pushing 648 at the wheels (probably close to 700 flywheel horsepower) and I have 82 lb injectors at stock fuel pressure. If you're looking to hit 500+, you'll need bigger injectors for sure.
Remember, you don't want to hit any more than 85% duty cycle on injectors. You'd probably be well over 90% at WOT with 42 lb injectors.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 203 Likes on 143 Posts

460whp.

Quick Reply: stock bottom LE2 cc306 and 5psi?? hp est