LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

replacing the Optispark with a Vortec Distributor

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing the Optispark with a Vortec Distributor

As most of you know the company that had been performing this mod are MIA. so today, I dropped my LT1 intake off at a machine shop to accomplish this mod once again! The operator Is going to build a jig to accomodate the proper location and height of the distributor hole. Of corse we will have to use a mock up motor to get this right "IE My motor" then he will transfer that to the jig for future mods. once this is done, he will be able to turn more intakes out rather rapidly. please let me know if you are interisted in having this done? I do not know the cost yet, mine will be the most expensive I would guess, I get to pay for all of the R&D go here to follow my LT1 install http://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40408
Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake is finished and distributor has been test fit

go here http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthre...997-K1500-SBSS
the idea here is to swap over to an LSX '411 ECU and run it on a 4X crank reluctor (yes stock 1996) and a 2X vortec dist

Last edited by Tinbender59; 04-01-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's a good idea. While I plan on trying to modify an opti to take the cam sensor from the distributor and run it all up front as originally designed. Then there really is no give away that I'll be running the upgraded PCM...aside from a maf on a 93. lol. Modifying the manifold should not be very hard as it has been done hundreds of times in the past. There was even a guy selling them on ebay that had the hole drilled in the back with a spacer, modified for a traditional sbc head tom intake pattern and two nipples installed for the coolant as well. GL!

Quick Reply: replacing the Optispark with a Vortec Distributor