LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Thermal Barrier Intake Gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Intake gaskets are going to make a huge difference with hot oil splashing on the bottom of the intake manifold!!
Splash oil will not be an issue with a carbon fiber valley shield, but I am testing the stock intake setup too. I don't see splash oil having very much of an affect on the intake temps since it already has a big metal shield covering the whole bottom.

I bet it will make a measurable difference on my SuperVic, but we'll see what it does on a stock intake.

Originally Posted by 93Z2871805
I've always painted the bottom of my manifolds white, it's one of those old school things that's said to help. It wont hep with splash oil however, that's what that little metal shield on the bottom of the stock manifold is supposed to help with, the paint is strictly for the heat and reflecting it back away from your intake. Also, if you're going to space out your intake, watch the gap at the front and back between the intake and lifter valley. You could end up raising the intake up too much to seal with RTV.
The material I ordered is actually .003 thinner then a stock replacement FelPro intake gasket .

Quick Reply: Thermal Barrier Intake Gaskets