LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Madman alternator relo kit??? Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Madman alternator relo kit??? Help

What's up guys? Over the past year my car has been down for the count, up until now I have been dumping loads of money in my suspension and other misc stuff. Last week got my pcmforless tune and she's alive again. Well to the point I needed a chip burned because I gutted the car removed AIR,AC,EGR,SMOG PUMP all the crap not needed. I am running a madman alternator relocation kit but want to know if anyone is running there cars without powersteering? If so how does is turn/drive etc...I am thinking will I have a hardtime or should I go with a speedinc billet kit that has powersteering or just go manual rack? Anyway I need some good input.thanks
Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 AM
TECH Veteran

It drives awesome with out power steering. Do you have your lines looped on the stock power steering rack or do you have a madman manual rack? It is a difference if feeling and is easier if you have a manual rack. If your not strong enough to drive without power steering then I wouldn't recommend it
Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I run manual steering with the power rack with the lines looped. It is not too bad once the car is moving. Trying to crank the wheel at really slow speeds can be a bitch. I run skinnies too. You hardly notice it once the car is up to speed and you are just lane changing or going around most corners.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

I have a brand new factory rack I was planning on looping the lines but just needed some input first, I really like the speedinc kit but I just can't see myself spending that much when I can spend a little more and get a manual rack and still save weight. And I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough to turn it but I sure do love getting a little sideways once and awhile too.I will just have to see once I finish installing the rest of my sjm abs delete kit. Man this car is killing my wallet! thanks for the input guys I'm sure I'll have some more questions for you soon.

Quick Reply: Madman alternator relo kit??? Help