LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

2011 LTxShootout CALLOUTS!!!!!! See if you are inside!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joelster

You are running Extreme Street. How would we line up? I'm down for it, just not sure how we could make it happen.

It would have to be during qualifying rounds. I know that on your list Collin, Bolo, hvyss are running extreme street also.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:20 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by AChotrod
... and plenty of people would like to meet you.
He's really that popular? I think he's a bit of a turd myself. Why would you want to meet someone who bags on your car?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

I'll race you SS RRR... Just come support a great event put on by great people, with great people!

I'm also driving a long ways... We all are! It's 750 miles one way. But I wouldn't miss it! Last year sucked, I broke first pass... But I got to see some great racing!

15-20 cars split between 8 classes? Have you even been? Come see for yourself! If you can count all the cars in all the events on just your hands and toes... First round is on me!

Last edited by proace4; 03-15-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on man come out i'll buy ya a beer if u make the trip! and oh btw there is already 15+ cars registered iirc
Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by proace4
I'll race you SS RRR... Just come support a great event put on by great people, with great people!
Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
come on man come out i'll buy ya a beer if u make the trip! and oh btw there is already 15+ cars registered iirc
I appreciate the invites, but I am not interested in going to the shootout. There would be far too much to do to make my paint chipped pile worthy of such an event and I don't have the time, energy or enthusiasm to do so. I am interested in seeing if Mr. joelster is interested in seeing what that astounding piece of quarter mile king machinery will do on a track he deemed as being the lowest elevation in the country. I am not sure if that is actually true. I think Houston Raceway Park is of a lower elevation, but Mr. joelster seems to think the grass is greener so here is the opportunity to see if his theory proves correct. If the Mr. joelster wants a race then we'll have to work something out since he's that much faster than I am.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BADHAWK51
It would have to be during qualifying rounds. I know that on your list Collin, Bolo, hvyss are running extreme street also.
Jeff you know I will be there!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I appreciate the invites, but I am not interested in going to the shootout. There would be far too much to do to make my paint chipped pile worthy of such an event and I don't have the time, energy or enthusiasm to do so. I am interested in seeing if Mr. joelster is interested in seeing what that astounding piece of quarter mile king machinery will do on a track he deemed as being the lowest elevation in the country. I am not sure if that is actually true. I think Houston Raceway Park is of a lower elevation, but Mr. joelster seems to think the grass is greener so here is the opportunity to see if his theory proves correct. If the Mr. joelster wants a race then we'll have to work something out since he's that much faster than I am.
You mention me so many times, lol. I'm glad I am constantly on your mind. This thread has nothing to do with you, trust me on that. That track in MD is one of the lowest. I am not sure what track is exactly the lowest. It doesn't matter. There is no "theory" involved. It's called density altitude, you know this. The track in MD is known for producing record numbers in the fall from everyone. I don't want to race you, not sure why you think I do. Do you see your name in the callout list? Nope, me neither. Same track same day my car is .3-.4 faster than you right now, and it will be getting faster, while yours stays the same. My car is not frozen in a bubble waiting to come out on September 1st. I can mod it as I see fit. Why you keep posting in all of these shootout threads is puzzling. You aren't going to go to any of them, ever. Everybody knows this. You don't have the means to. Your opinion on them is null and void.

Last edited by joelster; 03-15-2011 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
So you expect someone who has pretty much no interest in drag racing to spend thousands of dollars turning his daily driver into the opposite of what it is now, then traveling halfway across the country for a race that has like 15-20 cars spread throughout 8 classes?

I had no idea that your car was your daily driver, my bad. This shootout will have a lot more than 20 cars.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Village Troll

You mention me so many times, lol. I'm glad I am constantly on your mind. This thread has nothing to do with you, trust me on that. That track in MD is one of the lowest. I am not sure what track is exactly the lowest. It doesn't matter. There is no "theory" involved. It's called density altitude, you know this. The track in MD is known for producing record numbers in the fall from everyone. I don't want to race you, not sure why you think I do. Do you see your name in the callout list? Nope, me neither. Same track same day my car is .3-.4 faster than you right now, and it will be getting faster, while yours stays the same. My car is not frozen in a bubble waiting to come out on September 1st. I can mod it as I see fit. Why you keep posting in all of these shootout threads is puzzling. You aren't going to go to any of them, ever. Everybody knows this. You don't have the means to. Your opinion on them is null and void.
So instead of proving your theory you'd rather "fap fap fap" at the keyboard. Got it. Just thought I'd extend the invitation, but since you scared of an 11.60 car then there's no reason to hound you. It would be easy money for you! BTW I haven't been to Cecil since the early to mid 2000's.

Last edited by SS RRR; 03-15-2011 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Village Troll

Interesting...
Old 03-15-2011, 06:45 AM
10 Second Club

So instead of proving your theory you'd rather "fap fap fap" at the keyboard. Got it. Just thought I'd extend the invitation, but since you scared of an 11.60 car then there's no reason to hound you. It would be easy money for you! BTW I haven't been to Cecil since the early to mid 2000's.
Easy money? You are right, it would be easy money. Here's my money callout to you.......

Show up to the shootout on September 3rd and race me heads up.

My $500 to your $20.

Got that?

You've got 6 months to prepare. There's your motivation.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Village Troll

So basically instead of wanting to prove yourself and possibly run better times you'd rather bitch, deflect, duck and weave. Not surprised in the slightest. You meet me at Cecil and take my money. Five hundred would be fine as long as we work something out on the race. That would more than pay for your trip down.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:10 AM
10 Second Club

So basically instead of wanting to prove yourself and possibly run better times you'd rather bitch, deflect, duck and weave. Not surprised in the slightest. You meet me at Cecil and take my money. Five hundred would be fine as long as we work something out on the race. That would more than pay for your trip down.
I'm not talking about Cecil. You love putting words into people's mouths. I have never mentioned Cecil. I'm talking about Maryland International Raceway, in Budds Creek. It's 87 feet above sea level. Do I really need to prove that my car will run a better time with lower DA? Is that like a mythbusters puzzle? Is it hard to believe or something? All of those correction factors must be false then.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not talking about Cecil. You love putting words into people's mouths. I have never mentioned Cecil. I'm talking about Maryland International Raceway, in Budds Creek. It's 87 feet above sea level. Do I really need to prove that my car will run a better time with lower DA? Is that like a mythbusters puzzle? Is it hard to believe or something? All of those correction factors must be false then.
hey joel if u want lets meet up at cecil one weekend ill take a ride down there....then we can both see his car.....i plan on going down there to put down some record passes for me..........that tracks alot faster than my local track......my fastest pass so far was in 1300ft DA....on a 3* uphill track.......at cecil I know ill be alot faster........
Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
hey joel if u want lets meet up at cecil one weekend ill take a ride down there....then we can both see his car.....i plan on going down there to put down some record passes for me..........that tracks alot faster than my local track......my fastest pass so far was in 1300ft DA....on a 3* uphill track.......at cecil I know ill be alot faster........
I am down for that! Sometime in the fall after the shootout!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

yea ill def go.......im gonna go down there prob in may somtime if the traction is good to try for some fast passes...........figure ill have the car somewhat dialed in by then......but ill go down again in september...........thats the fastest time of year........like mid october....
Old 03-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Village Troll

You need someone to hold your hand? Wipe your bottom? Breast feed you? No need to hide behind quik95lt1. There's nothing to look at. You know what it runs and you know you are faster at (insert track here). You keep misunderstanding the point here. You whine how your track is far worse than the tracks here. You want to try out the tracks down here then by all means... MIR you say? MIR it is. You want a race then we need to work something out since you are faster. Call the ball.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you guys and your elevation.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hehe negative DAs for me in the winter
Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my God, dude (SS RRR). GIVE IT UP ALREADY!

Quick Reply: 2011 LTxShootout CALLOUTS!!!!!! See if you are inside!