LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Happy Birthday to Me/ Ebay Headers

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy Birthday to Me/ Ebay Headers

This last month I've been spoiling the camaro, so I decided to post what just came in the mail. After reading countless threads about headers, I decided to go with ap1ap2's headers off ebay. I'll keep you guys posted on fitment issues, and how I feel about them.

I'm hoping for 15+ gains n/a, and even more on the exhaust side of the 125 shot I've been using.

AND the new bottle I picked up from creeper list, for 100 bucks. Practically brand new and works great.

I'm also still waiting on a k member to come, so I can't wait to have all this in within the next week.
What are some of the exhaust gaskets you guys are running, and any feedback would be appreciated
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fel-Pro 1406 are great
Old 03-14-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dammit, all these posts about cheap ebay headers make me jealous. They look great, a lot better than my old painted pacesetters or hookers.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

i hate ebay headers they fit on my camaro like complete ****. the y wouldnt go on i had to have a exhaust shop bend it
Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LigHtEmUp01
i hate ebay headers they fit on my camaro like complete ****. the y wouldnt go on i had to have a exhaust shop bend it
Well, Ive heard you have to grind the K member which isnt a big deal to me. What about your steering knuckle? Y pipe wouldnt matter to me because if I go through the trouble of putting in longtubes I would probably try to do a true dual setup with some real mufflers.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LigHtEmUp01
i'm going with a pa racing k member to help with fitment issues. I expect these to take some massaging, but 300 bucks stainless to my door i couldn't care less. I'm not worried about the y pipe not fitting my uncle owns an exhaust shop we'll figure something out
Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IronOutlaw
Dammit, all these posts about cheap ebay headers make me jealous. They look great, a lot better than my old painted pacesetters or hookers.
i almost did painted pacesetters, but there were so many mixed reviews that I decided to go with ap1ap2
Old 03-14-2011, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got mine in today too. they looked great, i was pretty impressed with them. we'll see how well they go in in a few weeks
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itSSlowZ28
i got mine in today too. they looked great, i was pretty impressed with them. we'll see how well they go in in a few weeks
Sounds great brother
did you also get them from ap1ap2 or a different seller? what exhaust are you going to run behind the headers? and did you get the race version?

i plan on keeping my tsp rumbler no cats, and just hoping she isn't too loud.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blakez28
This last month I've been spoiling the camaro, so I decided to post what just came in the mail. After reading countless threads about headers, I decided to go with ap1ap2's headers off ebay. I'll keep you guys posted on fitment issues, and how I feel about them.

I'm hoping for 15+ gains n/a, and even more on the exhaust side of the 125 shot I've been using.

AND the new bottle I picked up from creeper list, for 100 bucks. Practically brand new and works great.

I'm also still waiting on a k member to come, so I can't wait to have all this in within the next week.
What are some of the exhaust gaskets you guys are running, and any feedback would be appreciated
thats where i keep my gps to
Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 5_LTR_ETR
thats where i keep my gps to
did you really have to quote all those pictures
Old 03-15-2011, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep, same seller and i got the race version. i'm planning on running a single straight through muffler off of the y-pipe like i had before. but i'm going to try to find something quieter than a bullet. and it'll be stainless to go with them. already got the arp header bolts and gotta exchange the felpro gaskets i got for the 1406's. the openings are bigger than the ones i already bought on accident. and i'm probably going to get some band clamps to replace the ones that came with them sooner or later. i'm hoping these will be a nice improvement over my rusty pacesetters.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itSSlowZ28
yep, same seller and i got the race version. i'm planning on running a single straight through muffler off of the y-pipe like i had before. but i'm going to try to find something quieter than a bullet. and it'll be stainless to go with them. already got the arp header bolts and gotta exchange the felpro gaskets i got for the 1406's. the openings are bigger than the ones i already bought on accident. and i'm probably going to get some band clamps to replace the ones that came with them sooner or later. i'm hoping these will be a nice improvement over my rusty pacesetters.
hey man, any problems you run into let me know, and I'll do the same.
I'm also getting some 1406's. Luckily there are some really good threads already about these same headers.
fel pro 1406's
band clamps
arp header bolts? are these a must have over stock?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i found a thread on ltxtech about header bolts and a lot of guys like them. larry from speed inc. mentioned they use them almost exclusively and that was enough for me. i got tired of my advance auto bolts backing out and wanted something that would stay in place. these hopefully will.

i had the 1406's on my pacesetters. i forgot about the difference and got a stock replacement set to go with these. there is definately a difference

it will be awhile before mine actually make it into the car and get fired up. i'm currently swapping motors and doing an a4-m6 swap at the same time in my car. still waiting on some parts before i tear the dd m6 z28 down to put the guts in the car in my sig

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday to Me/ Ebay Headers