Old 03-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love my ebay ss headers as well.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myltwon
stainless will change colors some in certain spots, BUT it won't rust like a coated or uncoated header.

let me put it this way, I have ceramic coated headers and wish I had stainless steel ones.
Stainless will still discolor and look like crap after a short time. Besides that, uncoated headers make the engine bay very hot. Last rebuild, I sent my Kooks off and had them coated. Much happier now. For sound, I get a lot of compliments on my Borla exhaust.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey:

Stainless Steel all the way, Ebay or LPPs if you can wait is my advice to you. Also check with the guys that are happy with the ebay headers and what vendor they got them from as not all ebay headers are the same, in terms of fitments, quality, and price per value. Get a few recs from the same vendor from folks that actually run them before you spend your money.
As far as stainless looking bad you can always get them re polished and after I got my LPPs redone they lasted over a year before they started to turn gold at all. they still look better than any rusty pipes, and if you want you can always send them out for a jet hot type coating, but stainless run cooler than steel do without the coating on either, so good luck with your choice.

Dub

Last edited by 1993 z28 f1; 03-23-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IronOutlaw
Kooks.
Do Kooks just drop right in or do you need to do a bunch of grinding on the steering or other areas?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1993 z28 f1
Hey:

Also check with the guys that are happy with the ebay headers and what vendor they got them from as not all ebay headers are the same, in terms of fitment, quality, and price per value......
Dub
Not all headers are created equal. i got mine from ap1ap2 for under 350 with a y pipe. Love this set up with my tsp rumbler. If you can afford a gmmg go for it, because it's known for one of the best exhausts for lt1's.

Also true duals aren't a bad idea, just have the turndowns or tip outside of the car, or at least pointing at an angle or it will resonate your ears off.

Quick Reply: doin a little exhaust research