LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anyone using the Professional Products 90030 Dampner or TCI Underdrive Balancer??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using the Professional Products 90030 Dampner or TCI Underdrive Balancer??

I'm looking to buy an aftermarket harmonic dampner/hub assembly. I was looking into the Professional Products 90030 piece which looks top notch and can be had for $200 shipped on eBay. I also saw that TCI makes a 10% underdrive pulley/hub assembly for around $186. Just looking for a safer alternative to the stock cast pieces. My engine builder highly recommended an aftermarket balancer where the hub is part of the pulley/balancer. I have a nuetral balance 383. Thanks
Old 03-28-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the tci one with the jegs hub. They are both great parts. The jegs hub is a real nice part with a key way. The tci part also has timming marks on it if you ever go carbed with a standard style distib and after market timming tab for the LT1. I just went to the hardware store and bought some bolts for the hub and dampner. Jegs hub has an align dowel and the tci ballancer has a hole for it.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

I also went with the TCI neutral ballanced flex. both parts are SFI 18 I think. Here is the flex http://www.jegs.com/i/TCI/890/399174/10002/-1

Here are the hubs. Just make sure you get the right one for your app. http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...chTerm=LT1+hub

And here is the dampner http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-872037/
Old 03-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Teching In

I pulled the trigger on the TCI 10% underdrive harmonic balancer. I found out the Professionial Products one wasn't for the 96-97s I guess. I thought about the ATI balancer also but a little too rich for my blood, considering I think the TCI will do just fine.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Teching In

How much shorter belt do you run with a 6.75" balancer?
Old 04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

LOL Uh you don't want to use the size I ran. I am having troubles with my engine right now (unrelated to these parts) but when I pulled the belt I had bought it was way to tight as it had only 2 to 3 K on it and was eaten through. Best way to do it is to take the old belt and cut it. Then rout it through the accessories while having someone hold the tensioner all the way in the compressed position. then you have to be able to see the marks on the tensioner to to have them let the tensioner out to somewhere in the middle of the tenssioner marks while keeping the belt somewhat tight. After you get it to the desired mark use the Vise grips to clamp the ends of the belt and remover the belt. I marked mine and then used a tape mesure to figure out the length. The mistake I made was I had the tensioner compressed and measured it to the first mark instead of some where in the middle. I then went to summit's web site and sorted the belts by number of grooves and length. I then searched local parts stores to see who carried them. There maybe a part number to use with it out there, I just have not gotten back to that point yet and cant ream remember what size the one I bought is. I have it somewhere on my computer but I have moved files and drives around so it may take me several hours to find it.

Quick Reply: Anyone using the Professional Products 90030 Dampner or TCI Underdrive Balancer??