LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

knock sensor cause this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default knock sensor cause this?

so alot of u probably have seen my other threads obout my car hesitating pretty much a miss. i have going through process of elimination and was thinking my header hits the k member. it vibrates the car horribly. could that be sending a false knock signal to the sensor and casuing it to miss? what happens when the knock sensor senses a knock?
Old 04-04-2011, 11:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

It retards timing when knock is sensed. Get a scanner to read some live data or cable and laptop to datalog it. That will tell you what is going on. You can't guess, because most knock is detected before you can even hear it. That's what it is supposed to do.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's connected to the engine so it could sense that. knock sensors can be fooled by the addition of roller rockers and give fauls knocks sometimes but like shbox said you really need to data log it with something that will show knock count and timing. Since ur a 95 you can get a cable for around 100 bucks. the key will be to watch the knock counts to see if they start to go up and also look at the timing at the same time and see if it starts pulling it.

Quick Reply: knock sensor cause this?