LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Wind shield wiper assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wind shield wiper assembly

If a shine of greatness today I was out cleaning the leaves and stuff off my car because it sitting under a tree. Well get the wiper up to get them off then go to open the hood.......(with out putting down the windshield wipers) and in one swift motion then passenger side wiper bracket broke. now it flops around still works and such but was just wondering how hard is it to replace the whole windshield wiper assembly on these things I assume you have to take off all the stuff where the windshield and engine bay meet.

Thanks guys for helping in a stroke of excellence on my part
Old 04-15-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way to fix it? Picture
Old 04-15-2011, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

well i picture won't do much justice I won't thing I mean I could probably think of something just have to take all the **** off and not wanting to do that tonight lol
Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just removed the wiper arms on mine which is a step short of what you need to do and the only thing that was a pain was getting the arm off itself. I started by removing the rubber weatherstrip/ seal which was held on by 15 plastic pins that just pull out. Having a body moulding clip remover (prybar with a forked end on it) helped alot but you can certainly get them out with nothing more than a flat tipped screwdriver. The two plastic pieces between the engine bay and windshield were held on by 8 push pin type plastic retainers, you have to pull up the pin in the middle first then take the whole retainer out, 2 of the retainers are behind the windshiled wiper arms. Once all the pins are out the passenger side plastic piece can be removed without removing the wiper arms but the drivers side cannot as both wiper arm shafts go through it. To remove it you need to slide it forward (towards the engine bay) as the corner nearest the door slides onto a metal shaft on the A pillar. The arms theirselves were each held on by a single nut (I removed them using a 13mm socket) and then I had to use a wiper arm removal tool which just fits under the arm and puts pressure on the wiper arm shaft similar to an idle arm puller. They usually will not come off just by prying on them and while my passenger side arm came off very easily once I put the puller on it, the drivers side was a pain in the ****. Once the arms are off you can remove the drivers side plastic piece to gain access to the wiper arm linkage and again remember to slide it forward to get the corner nearest the door off the metal shaft. The passenger side linkage is held on by three bolts (use a 10mm socket or wrench to remove these) and there are two connecting rods that should just pop off at the far end. Hope that helps some.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you broke the spring or it came dislodged. You would just need a new arm or spring then.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:22 PM
10 Second Club

Pretty sure its the arm that I broke I'll figure it out after the motor is in and such. just lil something that pissed me off

Quick Reply: Wind shield wiper assembly