LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GMMG sounds wicked

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GMMG sounds wicked

Just got my GMMG installed on the car yesterady. Got it through MADHAMMER. very nice guy and easy to deal with. order from him if you want this exhaust!!

Well i got BBK headers with a off road y pipe. The car sounds insane. best sounding exhaust ive ever heard on a car period!! Coming from a flowmaster system on my car to this is no comparison! even my old man who doesnt care for loud exhaust or any of that like it. walks outside everytime i went to take off with it listening to it.

Highly recommend this exhaust for anyone wanting a new exhaust. ill try to post vids on here of how it sounds.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Vids or ban......lol
Old 04-18-2011, 02:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

old news! lol

cool your happy with it tho, its one of my next purchases...
Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Teching In

i know its been out for years, but just wanted to share lol. you can also get it through vengeance racing but it takes alot longer and its more money.
Main reason i posted this is people been asking where to get it and what not.

May need some help uploading vids if someone wants to help out.

THanks
Pontiackid
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

your car has to be loud as hell.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiackid
The car sounds insane. best sounding exhaust ive ever heard on a car period!!
Bet you have you ever heard true duals on a LT1 f-body? Biggest difference is the single type GMMG still has the rasp which is unavoidable with single type exhaust. TDs remove all the rasp do to the dual pipes and x-pipe.

Yes GMMG sounds about as good as it gets for bolt on cat back.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiackid
Just got my GMMG installed on the car yesterady. Got it through MADHAMMER. very nice guy and easy to deal with. order from him if you want this exhaust!!

The car sounds insane. best sounding exhaust ive ever heard on a car period!! Highly recommend this exhaust for anyone wanting a new exhaust.

I totally agree, Gary is a nice guy and very easy to deal with. I had mine installed last week and its the best sounding exhaust i've ever heard on an F-Body. I love the sweet rumble at low RPMs and then it just gets insainly loud and deep at WOT. Definitely worth every penny. I'll also be posting some videos as soon as it stops raining/snowing in the midwest....
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

screw that i wanna hear it in person! im right down the road hit me up!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Teching In

03impala9c1 pm me your number ill meet up with ya and show ya.

Also yea the snow is holding me back for getting videos. i just hope they dont salt the roads if it storms. they just finally got washed off

Id love to do true duals but i have always wanted a gmmg so i settled for that.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm jealous, after several setups, my car sounds just okay to me.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

im ready for these vids, i wish i could get a gmmg catback, im rolling with borla right now
Old 04-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Teching In

I agree!
I purchased mine through GMMG right before they closed. Let me tell ya it was an ordeal to get it. Once installed, it was the best money I had spent on the car. I have had people come up to me at car shows before I even had the car parked wanting to know what I had under the hood. Yes it is loud! The rasp comes right at the Y pipe. I had installed the “CC insert” and it made a huge difference. I know there is a lot of debate about the insert but when you can’t talk to your wife driving down the road you got to do something and this was the cheapest way without cutting up the exhaust. This is video before the CC insert. You can hear the rasp going down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbSsnNI_cLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW4-WzSO-LA
Old 04-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Teching In

Looks like this 9 inches of snow that just got dumped on me will be putting a little hold on the videos. Ive only driven it 3 days with the new exhaust before this snow storm and i have had alot of people ask what it is and that it sounds badass/tuff.
I do have 4.10's and when crusing in 6th gear at 60 65mph its really not any louder than when i had my blowmaster system. Only when you get on it then it really barks.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tony-cbr-man
I agree!
I purchased mine through GMMG right before they closed. Let me tell ya it was an ordeal to get it. Once installed, it was the best money I had spent on the car. I have had people come up to me at car shows before I even had the car parked wanting to know what I had under the hood. Yes it is loud! The rasp comes right at the Y pipe. I had installed the “CC insert” and it made a huge difference. I know there is a lot of debate about the insert but when you can’t talk to your wife driving down the road you got to do something and this was the cheapest way without cutting up the exhaust. This is video before the CC insert. You can hear the rasp going down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbSsnNI_cLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW4-WzSO-LA
ur car sounds awesome man, makes me wish i would have gone with the gmmg instead of my borla, hopefully the borla will sound better when i put the shorty headers on i just got for 70 bucks.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Tony, what is the CC mod? Did it take away the rasp at low rpm/part throttle? I have Borla/SLPmouth on mine(SLP LM2 bullet where cat used to be and XR-1 Borla in the old bullet location under rear seats). It has a little rasp to it just like yours did in the first video when you took off. Kinda like that "truck with straight pipes" sound like everyone at my work tells me about mine. I assume that the rasp will only go away on a really quiet muffler or true duals. I think I've had 4-5 exhaust combos on mine and still am not totally sold yet.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxmvgQR2tYI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vdD4ZCfjzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ooMuj-AvHs

(this next one isnt my car, but LOVE how it sounds, with headers and a catted Y)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wCVDotlTVQ

i dont really hear any "rasp". I just hear the sexiest bolt on exhaust ever. this is stock headers/y.

raspy = loudmouth
Old 04-21-2011, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Since we're all sharing =P

You can add my name to the cool kids GMMG club!

I got mine installed last week and I think my car is just naturally quiet, or I got too used to open headers/y-pipe setups.

LTs, 3" ORY now (was like 2.75" POS) and GMMG is maybe just a tad louder than my SLP dual/dual.

I'll get a video today.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1SWT95Z
Tony, what is the CC mod? Did it take away the rasp at low rpm/part throttle? I have Borla/SLPmouth on mine(SLP LM2 bullet where cat used to be and XR-1 Borla in the old bullet location under rear seats). It has a little rasp to it just like yours did in the first video when you took off. Kinda like that "truck with straight pipes" sound like everyone at my work tells me about mine. I assume that the rasp will only go away on a really quiet muffler or true duals. I think I've had 4-5 exhaust combos on mine and still am not totally sold yet.
CC insert info below. You can google cc insert and find all the information on pros and cons. I would bet that the other vids of the GMMG sound with no rasp have cats installed.

http://www.carchemistry.com/shop/ind...duct_list&c=76

Old 04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Awesome, thanks for the info. Maybe something all of us should look into to eliminate unwanted rasp on any exhaust.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Teching In

well finally got a video of my car. here is some of the exhaust. will get better ones this weekend. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjVoovoGhI

Quick Reply: GMMG sounds wicked