Originally Posted by quik95lt1
mike who???
Why you ...........sir
Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Why you ...........sir
ahhh crap ok ill help out lol.............what do we want this thing to include and how long do we want it?
Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM
9 Second Club

Why you ...........sir
and you owe me a beer now at beech bend this year!!!! lol
Old 05-03-2011, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Jordon Musser
just the man I was thinking of

or
Josh Groce
Old 05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by quik95lt1
and you owe me a beer now at beech bend this year!!!! lol
Ill buy you a beer. Don't do anything yet though. I want this to be a group effort. Maybe the ones mentioned can add to it.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:57 PM
9 Second Club

Ill buy you a beer. Don't do anything yet though. I want this to be a group effort. Maybe the ones mentioned can add to it.
lol..........ok let me know and ill cook up something
Old 05-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like LT1s a lot, but I think it is in the same manner some one likes a sports team. The people and the cars have made it worth following to me. A lot of the old school hard hitters, Chris B, Jordan Musser, Dave Diluca, Ducote/mad man purple D1R Formula with the Patterson built 381" LTx (That car was cool because it had perimeter valve covers and they put a set of "PONTIAC" covers on the motor, looked really sharp. The car was also cool because it was a contender for the 8s, I think Enron had a hand in that cars demise as either Dave or his father worked for them?), Baxter's 30th, Sikora's car, Overton's 94, Dave Lewis' black T trim MTI Hawk and many more were really doing their thing right when I first got my car. So I see these guys with street cars and drag cars that started just like the stock 93 TA I was driving, turn in to some the heaviest hitting machines in the GM EFI scene. Do you guys remember the post about "meet your new King?" It was in the CZ28.com Lt1 tech section and was after Diluca got the fastest LT1 record at the time and the conversation turned to, a GM LT1 intake wouldn't go 8s. May a year or so later, Sikora got his 8 pass with a GM Lt4 intake. . Do you guys remember Darren harden? He had a black Lt1 Z with a sb2.2 headed stroker at Thunder '03 that I don't believe made a pass.

I remember being 19 and going up to Brady Mcnew at one the first Thunder races and start talking about every aspect of his 355 twin turbo set up because I read all his posts and his site, and him looking at me like wtf, just didn't know what to say. That was the same year I was super disappointed I didn't get to meet Chris Sikora, he said he was bringing his car and didn't that year, this seems to be a trend. I had even brought my GM High Tech copy with his car on the cover for him to even sign. I met Joe Overton that year also and got to meet Tim Herrington in person. I also met Tony that year, he offered me a burnt chocolate chip cookie.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe Overton What ever happened to him ?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SpRay iT!
Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I like LT1s a lot, but I think it is in the same manner some one likes a sports team. The people and the cars have made it worth following to me. A lot of the old school hard hitters, Chris B, Jordan Musser, Dave Diluca, Ducote/mad man purple D1R Formula with the Patterson built 381" LTx (That car was cool because it had perimeter valve covers and they put a set of "PONTIAC" covers on the motor, looked really sharp. The car was also cool because it was a contender for the 8s, I think Enron had a hand in that cars demise as either Dave or his father worked for them?), Baxter's 30th, Sikora's car, Overton's 94, Dave Lewis' black T trim MTI Hawk and many more were really doing their thing right when I first got my car. So I see these guys with street cars and drag cars that started just like the stock 93 TA I was driving, turn in to some the heaviest hitting machines in the GM EFI scene. Do you guys remember the post about "meet your new King?" It was in the CZ28.com Lt1 tech section and was after Diluca got the fastest LT1 record at the time and the conversation turned to, a GM LT1 intake wouldn't go 8s. May a year or so later, Sikora got his 8 pass with a GM Lt4 intake. . Do you guys remember Darren harden? He had a black Lt1 Z with a sb2.2 headed stroker at Thunder '03 that I don't believe made a pass.

I remember being 19 and going up to Brady Mcnew at one the first Thunder races and start talking about every aspect of his 355 twin turbo set up because I read all his posts and his site, and him looking at me like wtf, just didn't know what to say. That was the same year I was super disappointed I didn't get to meet Chris Sikora, he said he was bringing his car and didn't that year, this seems to be a trend. I had even brought my GM High Tech copy with his car on the cover for him to even sign. I met Joe Overton that year also and got to meet Tim Herrington in person. I also met Tony that year, he offered me a burnt chocolate chip cookie.
Dude, I remember everybody you just named. Were Im from everyone knows I love anything LT1. I dont know, its just my motor if choice. I'll put an LT1 in anything. For the life of me I cant think of his name but I think his name was "Mind Game". Now he knew his stuff. I think the first person to put 15 degree heads in a LT1 block. Made north of 500 to the wheels.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

A lot of the old school hard hitters, Chris B, Jordan Musser
Shawn Salazar (Shawn97Z28M6) should also be included in that group.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 AM
8 Second Club

I agree. RIP Shawn. Miss him dearly.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:34 AM
8 Second Club

See what I mean about Neil's memory. lmao! I don't remember the burnt chocolate chip cookie though.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
Dude, I remember everybody you just named. Were Im from everyone knows I love anything LT1. I dont know, its just my motor if choice. I'll put an LT1 in anything. For the life of me I cant think of his name but I think his name was "Mind Game". Now he knew his stuff. I think the first person to put 15 degree heads in a LT1 block. Made north of 500 to the wheels.
That's it right there, man. I couldn't say it better myself. People in my area know me at the LTx fanatic, I even rep the LTx on my LS1 GTO. LMAO... it makes people wonder, "****! What is so cool about this platform that I don't know?" It keeps them wondering for sure. I was a wee youngin' back when the LT1 came out of the F-Body in '93 (I was 7). It makes me wish I knew more about these other people you mention.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZGOBYBY
That's it right there, man. I couldn't say it better myself. People in my area know me at the LTx fanatic, I even rep the LTx on my LS1 GTO. LMAO... it makes people wonder, "****! What is so cool about this platform that I don't know?" It keeps them wondering for sure. I was a wee youngin' back when the LT1 came out of the F-Body in '93 (I was 7). It makes me wish I knew more about these other people you mention.
Alot of the names mentioned can be found on Camaroz28.com and just do a search on them. Still alot of good info to be found there.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also met Tony that year, he offered me a burnt chocolate chip cookie.
What a cheap skate!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Puck
What a cheap skate!
I think he made that up! lmao!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MEAN LT1
Alot of the names mentioned can be found on Camaroz28.com and just do a search on them. Still alot of good info to be found there.

Yeah, CZ28 was the first car forum I joined when I was 18. LOL... I'm friends with Chris and Jason, the founders of CZ28. I will have to take a look on there one day and look up some of the good old stuff.

I personally like sugar cookies, no chocolate chip here.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM
11 Second Club

I rewmember being on cz28.com allll the time now im on here all the time!

Quick Reply: Who is the "LT1 walking encyclopedia"?