LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Clayton Racing???????

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In regards to the above comment i disagree... Corey is a stand up act, I understand things happen. Hes been nothing with understanding with me throughout the whole process and I consider them one of the better performance company's ive ever dealt with. I wouldn't have gone to them if i didnt have 100% faith in them.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

and if anythings a waste of money its uti and wyotech (former wyo grad)
Old 05-25-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The UTI and wyotech comments are ****** hilarious. 99% of the people who come through there are pure bred idiots. Default would fit right in. Go all the way though the school and I gaurantee you still wont know 1% of what the Claytons have forgotten.

Last edited by gregrob; 05-25-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Wyotech? Build motors? My friend graduated from that school he learned absolutely nothing new. They only teach the basics. You might learn how to change the oil. Don't bash ppl like Corey / Clayton racing. Your going above and beyond. Ppl read these threads and believe half the **** ******* like you have to say. Stop your nonsense. I WOULD RATHER RECIEVE MY MOTOR LATE THEN HAVE SOMEONE JUST SLAP IT TOGETHER AND SAY HERE THANKS FOR YOUR MONEY.

If fast is what you want ill build it for you in a week and let me tell you something I don't know **** about building sick motors. So I'm going to have to agree w Greg.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

great engine builder or not.. get your *** in gear.. november? come the **** on.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's still way too long to wait for a motor, PERIOD.

Maybe my mind is faltering, but didn't they used to be a site sponsor? What happened?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

^^ the General has spoken...
Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Village Troll

Received 543 Likes on 392 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by joelster
My plan was to place an order for a 396 with them for myself, to get ready for the shootout. That ain't gonna happen. I have since purchased another motor elsewhere.
It appears blind loyalty can sometimes bite you in the *** now don't it...
Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxplusten
In regards to the above comment i disagree... Corey is a stand up act, I understand things happen. Hes been nothing with understanding with me throughout the whole process and I consider them one of the better performance company's ive ever dealt with. I wouldn't have gone to them if i didnt have 100% faith in them.
A stand up act wouldn't lie to a customer and say the motor would be ready in a couple weeks, many many months ago.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregrob
The UTI and wyotech comments are ****** hilarious. 99% of the people who come through there are pure bred idiots. Default would fit right in. Go all the way though the school and I gaurantee you still wont know 1% of what the Claytons have forgotten.
[QUOTE=alexcoreas;14960487]Wyotech? Build motors? My friend graduated from that school he learned absolutely nothing new. They only teach the basics. You might learn how to change the oil. Don't bash ppl like Corey / Clayton racing. Your going above and beyond. Ppl read these threads and believe half the **** ******* like you have to say. Stop your nonsense. I WOULD RATHER RECIEVE MY MOTOR LATE THEN HAVE SOMEONE JUST SLAP IT TOGETHER AND SAY HERE THANKS FOR YOUR MONEY.

What are u on the payroll?

I don't presume to know if uti or wyotech is good or not, I wouldassume those who pay attention in class and or graduate must learn sOmething or they wouldn't be in business and all over tv . But that comment was to illustrate that one can actualy go to collage somewhere and learn to build for themselves sooner that waiting on some shop to finally get you off the back burner all because his greedy *** builds all the high dollar **** before yours all while holding your money ransom . Call me a ****** in person so I can make u my bitch, if u got the *****

Originally Posted by joshh123
great engine builder or not.. get your *** in gear.. november? come the **** on.
Originally Posted by RamAir95TA

Maybe my mind is faltering, but didn't they used to be a site sponsor? What happened?
Originally Posted by SS RRR
It appears blind loyalty can sometimes bite you in the *** now don't it...
^^^^^this

Last edited by defaultexistence; 05-26-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Hey Internet tough guy

Its College not Collage
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

I dont like where this thread is going so i wont say anything after this. Sometimes if you want a quality product you have to pay the price and wait for it. As stated above this stuff dosent happen overnight. Mr Clayton has stated himself, LT1's are not his main buisness. Race motors are, he dose the LT1 thing on the side since he himself use to be an LT1 guy. I wouldnt have gone to Corey had it not been for there stand up reputation and standing in the LTx community. I understand getting frustrated about the time frame, trust me, i have been too, but as long as Clayton makes it right then they are square with me.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Hey Internet tough guy

Its College not Collage
Lol duly noted, Mr Mclawdawg .look I'm not a scrawny lotion fingered 19 yr old internet tough guy hiding behind their keyboard.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

and as stated before default... i'm trying to tell you for your own good. Dont waste your money on automotive trade schools like Wyotech and UTI... i went there, i payed attention,was working as a tech before and after i went in, and got perfect grades while i was there... and i can assure you I didnt learn a damn thing that i didnt already know, and i sure as **** couldnt put together a high performance motor and know how to do it based on what they taught me. Save your money
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
Lol duly noted, Mr Mclawdawg .look I'm not a scrawny lotion fingered 19 yr old internet tough guy hiding behind their keyboard.
Not 100% what you even saying here please translate this into some form of proper English ^^^

But like everyone is stating if the business says its almost done they shouldn't mislead customers everyone understands things come up but informing your customers would be the best thing to do if thats the case. Everything you see come out of this seems to perform so you get the piece of mind that you will have a good strong runner but no excuse as stated for taking way longer then told.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Ill agree with that fact, and trust me, im not without frustration, I need to have this car ready to go to Carlisle in 3 weeks and its not looking good but... I also feel secure in the fact that I know the products going to be right when it gets here
Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

I would say it to your face lol
Just stfu while ur not ahead bro. I insulted your ignorant comment if you knew anything about wyotech you wouldnt of made that stupid *** comment. Are you really challenging me to a fight on the E. Lol .
Just do us all a favor go to wyotech and graduate and if you still wanna fight let me know. Fyi devry university is on tv, so is santa monica college, westwood college yet you dont see big shot school like usc ,ucla , duke, harvard on tv do you. Wyotech needs a dumbass like you to spend money its the only way to stay open. Smh
Old 05-26-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Hey Internet tough guy

Its College not Collage
Hey, people can learn from a collage. They aren't all just pretty pictures.

See?
Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA

Not if you're a leg humping nut swinger like most of the people on these boards for one company or another. (how ironic that theyre saying its ok when its not their motor)
Old 05-27-2011, 05:32 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Before I start...I've never had a motor built by the Clayton's, and I probably won't for personal reasons. But I will agree about UTI being worthless. The only thing I got from there were some good friends. As for the time frame....**** happens. I had a motor at a shop that is now closed for 3 months and they hadn't done a thing with it. I kept gettingg the run around so I pulled it. If you don't like the service there is nothing keeping you there unless you've invested money, even then if you haven't gotten the product you have a right to ask for a refund. I agree there should have been/ should be some better communication, but everyone's human and there are only so many hours in a day. If you're not happy, he already said he'd refund your money. As for everyone else, you're just like me adding your .02. All I say is good luck. In a world where there are more and more scams, I hope things are made right. That's all you can really ask for now a days.

Quick Reply: Clayton Racing???????