LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Racetronix fuel pump wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix fuel pump wiring question

Hey All,

I recently installed a racetronix fuel pump on my 93' Trans Am...I am trying to figure out a decent way to run the wiring to the alternator without having it too close to the header. Worrying about the wiring melting..that would be no bueno! haha. Has anyone done this before and have any suggestions? I have done a search in this forum and couldn't find anything. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nwh9386
Hey All,

I recently installed a racetronix fuel pump on my 93' Trans Am...I am trying to figure out a decent way to run the wiring to the alternator without having it too close to the header. Worrying about the wiring melting..that would be no bueno! haha. Has anyone done this before and have any suggestions? I have done a search in this forum and couldn't find anything. Thanks!
I ran mine a few weeks ago and went along the driverside following the fuel lines and then crossed over the tranny (infront of the shifter) and zip tied it to the O2 and then ran it up near and under the heater box to get it into the engine bay. Once there I came up to the compressor low pressure line for the A/C and then straight to the back of the alternator. Worked like a charm and took me about an hour to get everything routed and zip tied.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks DAVE00! I will give this a shot.