LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 wont start!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lt1 wont start!!!

So I recently swapped a new bottom end into my car and got the car running just perfect new opti went in the car as well. Ran fine for a few days now won't start. Throwing p0372 and p1351 changed icm and coil are new. All points lead to opti any suggestions? Haven't found a bad ground or open circuit. Need car running ASAP
Old 05-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by finch97z
So I recently swapped a new bottom end into my car and got the car running just perfect new opti went in the car as well. Ran fine for a few days now won't start. Throwing p0372 and p1351 changed icm and coil are new. All points lead to opti any suggestions? Haven't found a bad ground or open circuit. Need car running ASAP
Those two DTC's are fairly synonomous with either the opti itself or the opti harness getting wet. Disconnect both ends of the opti harness (opti side and intake manifold side) and make sure they are not wet. If they are, spray them with contact cleaner to displace any moisture.

If you have an active P1351 (Low-Res signal not found), your car would not run because the PCM would not allow the fuel system to be energized.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Teching In

ok no moisture. sprayed it anyways and the codes have been cleared so the 1351 is gone. but it happened after it drove and i turned the car off that it popped up. still wont start gets also get no spark out of the coil. Very lost and dont have a whole lot of money to throw money at it to figure out what it could be.

Quick Reply: lt1 wont start!!!