LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

396 LT1 build

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant help tire spin, it will hit the limiter in 1st and 2nd, my point is nothing has broke. Most performance motors burn a LITTLE bit of oil, my old LS1 burnt alot more then this car, along with my old bone stock LT1.

What the hell is wrong with 415 RWHP? why is everyone on this board dyno ****** that only show locked up numbers or 6 speed cars with the belt off? the car went 11.84 @ 119 on street tires and a blown transmission, it slipped the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift badly, oh yeah and at almost 3700 pounds.

im not here to argue, im just informing the OP that golen motors IMO are a decent piece.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stumprrp
I cant help tire spin, it will hit the limiter in 1st and 2nd, my point is nothing has broke. Most performance motors burn a LITTLE bit of oil, my old LS1 burnt alot more then this car, along with my old bone stock LT1.

What the hell is wrong with 415 RWHP? why is everyone on this board dyno ****** that only show locked up numbers or 6 speed cars with the belt off? the car went 11.84 @ 119 on street tires and a blown transmission, it slipped the 1-2 and the 2-3 shift badly, oh yeah and at almost 3700 pounds.

im not here to argue, im just informing the OP that golen motors IMO are a decent piece.
Short block is not what you should be blaming for a lack of power. Golen are some of the most popular blocks around, and more then good enough for 99% of builds on this board. I bet they sell more shortblocks then any other vendor on here, period.

This board is just full of dyno queens and sheeple, who think you need to run brand XX and put down XXXhp to be worth anything, lol. Show me a stock shortblock putting down 415 through an unlocked auto and I'll show you a happy *** dyno.

My build barely squeezed out 350rwhp through the stalled auto, yet would take the lunch money from more then a few 400+rwhp LT1s. ABAs old car is running rediculous times, and it doesn't even put down over 375 .

Quick Reply: 396 LT1 build