LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

deep trouble with 94 lt1

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by License2Ill
Mystic cant he disconnect the solenoids to rule that question out?
They are inside the trans.

Last edited by 95 mystic ls; 06-21-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Ok forgive me chase im on my phone and I can't quote people my step dad lives in Maryland which is y no tester icm I had tested right out of the box since Autozone has f ed me more then once (gave me to wrong wires just 2 days ago

Temp sensor was replaced in water pump and the pcm readings match my gauge in the car

Shbox has been my bible for the last month following every test I was capable of doing with the tools I had
Also the cooling mod was done as soon as I got the new icm (have yet to do the throttle body bypass)

Coolant circulation was my first guess since my passenger side floor was soak so I did a forward and reverse flush and replaced the heater core (unfortunately had to do it twice since I replaced the temp sensor the next day and was to scared to get the opti wet)

The car will act up in park and neutral but seems to only show it self after being driven I don't know if its cause im not letting it sit long enough in park or cause it raises heat faster while moving

The o2s are 2 days old also (passenger side is a bitch) can't see them being burnt already as for fealty its possible as with any part although it does seem to read correct when I connect the scanner and doesn't seem to float around any number have seen it in low 100 and high 800

As for the tranny to be honest it never crossed my mind (with a 18000 it should have) I do however have read outs of tranny stats(wonderful benefit of datamaster ) nothing seem to be out of the ordinary if any one is familiar with datamaster or would take the time to download it (its free) I could post my readings so maybe you can get a better idea

By the way thank you all so much for trying to help me figure this out you have given me a few ideas that never crossed my mind

Last edited by perfectroller89; 06-21-2011 at 01:24 PM. Reason: consolidating my postings
Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

well check the o2s will make ur car run messe up and just b.c it 2 days means nothing , if the wire is touching ur exhaust pipe while its on the heat from the exhaust will melt the wire, check the trans. Check you coil wire though cause mine felt like it was going to do the same like feel it was going to die when it idled, make sure it is all the way on and not just barely on.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 95 mystic ls
There are inside the trans.
Right and disconnect the electronic wires should disable them no?
Old 06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Just check o2 wires there still nice a new also replaced coil with another no change. Jiggled the connector to see if maybe its shorted no change at all

Forgot to motion if I unplug the o2 to force it to stay in open loop and the problem still presist
Old 06-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by License2Ill
Right and disconnect the electronic wires should disable them no?
Not sure,but the whole trans is electronic controled so not sure it would even move.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Teching In

Just checked fuel pressure it primed at 42 then instantly droped to about 37 at idle it was 37 and 42 with vacuum line of for the fpr
Old 06-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Anymore ideas
Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by perfectroller89
Just checked fuel pressure it primed at 42 then instantly droped to about 37 at idle it was 37 and 42 with vacuum line of for the fpr
did you check the fuel pressure with the car warmed up or after a cold start? after you drive it for a while the pump might be heating up and the pressure might drop.

you probably have a clogged cat...

jk...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by boostedlt1
did you check the fuel pressure with the car warmed up or after a cold start? after you drive it for a while the pump might be heating up and the pressure might drop.

you probably have a clogged cat...

jk...

I agree with the checking the fuel pressure when it does it.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

My old 3.4 camaro did the same thing. I changed the plugs and wires, still did it, then I ran seafoam in the gas tank and it fixed itself. I think it was a clogged injector. Hope you figure it out, I know it drove me bat **** crazy
Old 06-23-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could u give more details on the description of what its doing? it could stll be the tranny.
or ignition. check all the plug heads at the opti...they can be a real pita puta.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Teching In

well funny u should mention seafoam cause i just bought 3 bottles i had to head to a family dinner yesterday and i was at a 1/4 tanks so i added 8 gallons (seafoam says 8-24 figured id mix it a little strong) and drove the sh*t out of the car so that way it would mix nicely in the gas tanks i also added a 1/2 bottle to the crank case i took it to my grand parents and it stumbled once or twice on the way (usually more like 10-15 times in 7 minute trip) parked the car for a few hours when i was leaving i has trying to find a good reason to open it up good and it came when i sat for a half hour waiting at a stop sign (whole time car didn't act up?) saw a opening and let her loose slid the corner and i was off ! doing 75 in a 40 before i even noticed . the rest of the ride home not one shake not one stutter

im thinking you nailed it with that sea-foam call i think from driving it just to and from work (8 minute drive) on a 35 mph road she started bit*hin at me for driving like my grand ma i think she just needed some wot

this is 6/23 and i haven't taken it out today i am suppose to meet some family coming into town so rest assured it will get another test by the end of the day and i will return with my good/bad news

one other question is it possible for a optispark only to act up when its hot i have a gm tech buddy swearing its the opti spark (ls1 guy ) i think people have just built up this hate for a minor defect and has let it consume the way they look at these cars or is just me?
Old 06-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Teching In

how do you guys feel about adding seafoam slowly though the vacuum brake booster hose i heard thats the way its done but never seen the process in person

is it worth it
will it cause any damage (besides accidental hydro lock) ?
is the brake booster hose or pcv valve a better choice?
with 180,000 miles on the car im sure it has some carbon build up
also when i first got the car it had no gas cap so i never knew about only running 93 octane untill about 7 months ago (i know i know stupid) what problems could that cause
Old 06-23-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how do you guys feel about adding seafoam slowly though the vacuum brake booster hose i heard thats the way its done but never seen the process in person

is it worth it
will it cause any damage (besides accidental hydro lock) ?
is the brake booster hose or pcv valve a better choice?
with 180,000 miles on the car im sure it has some carbon build up
also when i first got the car it had no gas cap so i never knew about only running 93 octane untill about 7 months ago (i know i know stupid) what problems could that cause
there is a how to video on this site somewhere
Old 06-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Teching In

running 93 octane untill about 7 months ago (i know i know stupid) what problems could that cause
you could have detonation i believe. it could have also clogged your injectors
Old 06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Teching In

So the problem is still there seems to show more during the hot day then at night it also seems to go away for a little while after wot ...so lost
Old 06-24-2011, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

injectors will not clog with 87 octane.
double check your plugs at the fuggin opti....the boots wont go in right sometimes...also cheap manufacturers make the prong too short on the boot and they never even touch the prong on the distributor..on lets say a set of wires from fuggin autocraft...

are you misfiring at idle?
Old 06-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Missing at idle and wot once warmed up discovered a tear in the opts harness replaced it still no difference
Old 06-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Is it possible its the iat I heard some stories close to mine and they claimed it was the problem

Quick Reply: deep trouble with 94 lt1