LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My new windshield banner...ftw!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like the banner. alot

All of the people that don't like the banner probably live in an area with decent drivers. Where I'm from old people and soccer-mom types love to poke along in the fast lane.

Move the **** over ===>
Old 06-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blakez28
I actually like the banner. alot

All of the people that don't like the banner probably live in an area with decent drivers. Where I'm from old people and soccer-mom types love to poke along in the fast lane.

Move the **** over ===>

This^^^ , I live in Florida right off of U.S 19 one of the worst highways in the country.. and its loaded with old raisins
A banner like that is much needed lol
Old 06-26-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Scott97LT1
This^^^ , I live in Florida right off of U.S 19 one of the worst highways in the country.. and its loaded with old raisins
A banner like that is much needed lol
I used to live in FL and I can vouch. Might be one of the worst states, for old drivers poking along in the fast lane lol. Actually the clueless women, and younger drivers is what pisses me off the most. I've been behind you for 20 miles move the **** over!!
Old 06-26-2011, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

I used to live in FL and I can vouch. Might be one of the worst states, for old drivers poking along in the fast lane lol. Actually the clueless women, and younger drivers is what pisses me off the most. I've been behind you for 20 miles move the **** over!!
Few weeks ago I was on my way to work, and watched an old woman cut every single lane of cars off to get in the fast lane. The first guy she cut off went all the way over and I watched him throw a large dunkin donuts iced coffee through her window.. it was greatest sight
Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imagine U drive behind a cop lol.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

That's awesome!!! Ill take one
Old 06-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Village Troll

Received 530 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
This is absolutely ridiculous now that I think about it more.
It definitely is a good way to get harassed by a cop if pulled over, generating a post whining how the cop "was a dick for no good reason..."
Originally Posted by transbird95
I would probably call the cops on someone if they pulled up behind me doing this. I could care less what kind of car they are driving that is just stupid. If you do that to the wrong person things could get ugly.
All you'll be doing is tying up a phone line. Easiest way to deal with this is to let them pass. Once someone starts to retaliate they create as much or more of a hazard...

Oh.. and LOL at those who claim the dislike for the banner is due to living where there are "decent drivers."
Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
I'll respond to the PM's in a bit. I have to figure out how to ship them without ruining them. If you can pay the $5 shipping its yours.

Im willing to pay shipping
Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Scott97LT1
Few weeks ago I was on my way to work, and watched an old woman cut every single lane of cars off to get in the fast lane. The first guy she cut off went all the way over and I watched him throw a large dunkin donuts iced coffee through her window.. it was greatest sight
I'll probably get flamed for this but I would have thrown the coffee as well. When someone cuts me off like that, and doesn't even wave sorry...then I pull in front of them brake check them a few times then go on my way.
might have slight roadrage lol

x2 on paying shipping, and I'll get some for my friends lol
Old 06-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Village Troll

I'll probably get flamed for this but I would have thrown the coffee as well. When someone cuts me off like that, and doesn't even wave sorry...then I pull in front of them brake check them a few times then go on my way.
might have slight roadrage lol

x2 on paying shipping, and I'll get some for my friends lol
I don't know if this is true for any other states, but in Virginia that is considered a Felony. There was a story a couple years ago where someone threw a cup of ice at another driver through an open window and that person went to jail.

http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia.../18.2-154.html

Throwing anything out the window can be considered a projectile or missile.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I don't know if this is true for any other states, but in Virginia that is considered a Felony. There was a story a couple years ago where someone threw a cup of ice at another driver through an open window and that person went to jail.

http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia.../18.2-154.html

Throwing anything out the window can be considered a projectile or missile.
I may as well build some james bond missile launchers on my T/A then!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

And im sorry but the way they describe that law just makes me picture funny scenes of throwing a missile at an old lady.. "or maliciously throws any missile at oragainst, any train or cars on any railroad or other transportation"
Old 06-26-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

If some of you really act the way you do because of said situations I have one of two predictions..1. You're car gets messed with/you get messed with.2. You get shot.

What if the person who did that to you has worse roadrage and has a gun? Was it really worth It?

Grow up a little bit, leave on time, etc.. Driving 15 over and doing what is suggested MIGHT shave 2 minutes off a 30 minute drive, maybe.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is actually fine with me because i have a license to carry and always have a loaded .45 on me. If someone doesnt like it, well then get the hell out of the way!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That is actually fine with me because i have a license to carry and always have a loaded .45 on me. If someone doesnt like it, well then get the hell out of the way!
I hope your kidding man. I understand the slow soccer mom driving in the fast lane part but to pull behind someone flashing lights and honking horns is asking for trouble. And to get in to a gunfight over it???
Old 06-26-2011, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Wow, this got serious, fast.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

And just think, you're the only one that carries.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Village Troll

Setting the bar a notch higher for those who hold a CHP...
Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

id rather just walk the extra 6 feet and proudly get into that sexy black c6 z06 sitting next to it and let the camaro get flat spots on the tires

and yes driving 15 over is just asking for it, But if your in the mindset to leave late and arrive on time, a crotch rocket and an agressive can-do attitude is all you need. few lane splits and 1 or 2 WOT gears and your already doing 100mph in whichever lane you wish to be in (if your even in the correct directional lane )
Old 06-26-2011, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more info on the black vette...? appears to be a c5 z with c6 z emblem and wheels?

that banner, and any banner across the windshield, is tacky as hell. the only sticker/banner i'd ever put on my cars is a hot rod power tour decal (for a short period of time..) and possibly the small, very subtle sticker representing a car club i'm affiliated with. both/either of which would be located on the back glass, btw.

edit: there are a lot of us with a ltch, i don't see that angle as much of an advantage.

Quick Reply: My new windshield banner...ftw!