LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 z28 injectors leaking? Anyway to test?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 11:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 93 z28 injectors leaking? Anyway to test?

Hey everyone, im new here and i wanted to say this site is sweet. Well anyway i am having a little problem with my 93 z28. I really think it the injectors leaking. heres whats going on, When its cold it cranks right up like normal and has no problems at all really. after it warms up and you turn it off about 1-2 hours later it has trouble starting, it just cranks for like 5 seconds. i really noticed this in the staging lanes last week at the track. Its almost like a carbed car trying to start while being flooded. i checked the fuel pressure and its about 40-41 lbs with the key turned on but very slowly bleeds off to 0 lbs. ( takes about 1 hour or so) I know fuel pumps are known to go in these but as soon as you turn the key the pressure goes right up to 41lbs and it still cranks for a few seconds.

and if so is it possible to upgrade the stock 22lbs injectors to a later 24 lbs injector out of a newer one? and would it be worth it?

im running a stock lt1, CAI, full exhaust w/cat, ( e-check here) and 3.23 gears. I got a 14.2 @ 97mph at the track but it was at quaker raceway in ohio which is uphill after 1000' and im told you will run a few tenths slower here. it does seem like it lacks a little higher rpm hp to me but im also told lt1's with stock cams make all there power low.

honestly i would be REAL happy to get in the 13's again but i think this may be holding me back some.

thanks for your coments. u guys rock!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could take the fuel rails off with the injectors still on then prime the fuel system with accessory on and see if any fuel leaks out of the injectors

Quick Reply: 93 z28 injectors leaking? Anyway to test?