LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

urgent help needed for lt1 :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent help needed for lt1 :(

I posted this in the general repairs section as well, but im trying to get input ASAP as i have to leave for work soon and would like to get this fixed/ make sure its not a lethal issue :/

Ok so, I decided I would clean up the leaves n crap that got in my engine bay when I noticed this...

Now my car has had a low running idle after warming up since i got it about a month ago, and Im wondering if this may be the cause? also it looks like oil is in it is that normal? its not leaking out of it, instead just seems to be sitting in there. my oil pressure goes way down after warm up as well but the engine itself doesnt make any noise and it seems to be the oil pressure sensor misreading according to the local mechanic.

And looks like ill be picking up a new TPS as you can see..its missing a piece on both screw holes

Old 06-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Staging Lane

it's not a huge deal. get a hose clamp when you can and put it around the tube at the throttle body. the other end just pops into the top of your valve covers and you should be able to lift it out by hand anyway. you should be fine in the meantime, your oil pressure might be a bit low but nothing significant.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the response!

As you can see the hose is actually split so I should probably go and get a new one either way :O
Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How low is your oil pressure? It is normal for the OP to drop when the oil gets hot, but there are limits.

If that's hose is not connected you have a vacuum leak, which would actually cause a high idle.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

it taps zero at idle and throws the check gauges light after warm up sitting idle. but goes up the 10ps1 per 1k rpms while moving. we let it run hot with it showing 0 ps1 for a good 15 - 20 mins and noticed no issues with noise on the top end, no stalls, exc.. which leads me to believe its either the gauge or sending unit..
Old 06-30-2011, 05:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Put a mechanical gauge on there - accept no substitutes. You need at least 6psi at idle.

Quick Reply: urgent help needed for lt1 :(