LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No start brand new red top optima battery LT1 bad luck finally caught up with me

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by idformula
By roll starting bud I mean have the key on the on position, the car rolling about 20-25mph and poping the clutch in 1st or 2nd. If it starts then its probably your starter, if not then you have other problems.
this is heavy *** car to push, beside im stuck in the gas station parking lot, nothing I can do accept, take out that starter and put in new one . Hopefuly it fix that problem.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try starting the car. Mine started fine when cold. After driving a while then stopping it would not start again. Took to AZ and tested good. Replaced it anyway with a Corvette starter. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
this is heavy *** car to push, beside im stuck in the gas station parking lot, nothing I can do accept, take out that starter and put in new one . Hopefuly it fix that problem.
get a buddy to help, try pushing a 6000lb truck by yourself, gives you a whole new definition to heavy lol.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went pick up the lt4 starter today, went back, get under the car, no problem take off the lt1 small *** starter, I HAVE TO GO TO HELL TO PUT THAT BIG *** LT4 STARTER IN, Have to hammer the **** out off the Y pipe to get it in. under my car was cover full of oil grease ( its a gas station parking lot for god sake ), anyway im my skin is all black now , btw its a shorty header I cant unbolt the Y pipe, its just imposible atm. that y I have to hammer it.

car start with no problem. Thinnking to sell it now, getting a truck. btw lt4 starter having a cool spin sound when u crank, that normal right ?
Old 07-05-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was about to say mine did the same thing you were describing at one point. It ended up that the starter bendix had lodged itself in the flywheel. That was the reason as to why mine wasnt starting. Glad that is what it was and you were able to get it fixed.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

1 : how long the starter usually last ?

2 : some one pls answer me this question, is lt4 starter have some kind of sound, that different from lt1 starter sound. mine having this whisling sound when I crank.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

omg are you serious this thread is insane. The LT1's went to a mini torque starters in I want to say 95? thats the reason the LT4 starter was such a bitch to go in more then likely. There should have been no reason to hammer anything 2 bolts it falls right out and 2 bolts on the back and you should have been good to go. no way should a starter problem drive you to sell your car. to to each their own i suppose
Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lawhead
omg are you serious this thread is insane. The LT1's went to a mini torque starters in I want to say 95? thats the reason the LT4 starter was such a bitch to go in more then likely. There should have been no reason to hammer anything 2 bolts it falls right out and 2 bolts on the back and you should have been good to go. no way should a starter problem drive you to sell your car. to to each their own i suppose
not that, recently I want a GMC truck, I have to let one car go, so lt1 is first though. Still debate

Quick Reply: No start brand new red top optima battery LT1 bad luck finally caught up with me